Antonio Brown

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Jan 2, 2022.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Guilty as charged. ;)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2022
  2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Oh, I don't know.
    He didn't just walk off the field.
    He jogged from the sideline to the endzone where he proceded to do jumping jacks.
    No sign of a limp or discomfort in the least.

3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i disagree with this one sentence.

but i'm also interested in how this plays out and how the two sides describe it.

4. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Most people who aren't in a wheelchair can do all of those things.

• poop poop x 1
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I've also seen players leave the field with ankle anjuries.
    They barely walk unnattended much less jog or jump up and down.

I'm a jogger who has experienced ankle and knee injuries.
    Probably much less severe than any football player.
    I wasn't running or jumping up and dow.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  6. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

AB stated that he was injected with painkillers. If this is true, he could do a number of things that injured people typically can't. This includes hopping, jogging, and walking off of the field.

7. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

And maybe playing for his team, if he wasn't a prima donna, self-centered shitbird? How the hell anybody can give a **** about nfl players, and especially the self-centered types is beyond my ability to understand.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  9. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yep. Cause a hop, skip, and a jump is all it takes to play receiver in the NFL.

10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Emmanuel Acho posted a few thoughts the other day that basically amounted to

1) He wasn't cut during the game and people need to stop saying he was. Just because a coach says "Get out" in the heat of the moment doesn't mean you're cut. Said "Trust me, I'm the expert on getting cut". Said he's had coaches tell him he was done but then found out he made the team, and had coaches tell him he made the team only to see his name on the release list the next day. He wasn't cut until his name was on the waiver wire.

2) Said no idea if Brown was really hurt or not, but that it's at least believable. Guys are pressured to play despite injuries all the time - not just dings and tweaks, but serious stuff they honestly have no business trying to play through. And while technically nobody can "force" you to play, unless you're an established star, you almost are forced to unless you just want to instantly give up your career. And Arians is known as a particular hardass when it comes to this sort of thing.

3) Even if he was hurt, he handled it wrong. Basically came down to "If a guy is too hurt to play I'll always be proud if he stands up for himself, but making a spectacle on the sidelines and on the field like that is immature clown BS"

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  11. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

He's having second thoughts. From a TMZ article--

"Brown was heading to a dinner with Kanye West at a popular West Hollywood restaurant on Monday night when he told TMZ Sports that undressing on the sideline before throwing the rest of his gear into the stands was probably not the best idea.

"It probably wasn't necessary or professional," he said as he signed autographs and stopped for pictures on the way into dinner. "

Probably? ;)

• Agree Agree x 1