Any banks that don't always try to sell you crap?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by RollingwoodHorn, Nov 29, 2006.

1. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

I'm so ******* tired of having to turn down the various credit cards, overdraft protection, etc. that Bank of America tries to get me to take every damn time I go in. I just want to make my deposit and get the f**k out of there. Is that really so much to ask?

So are there any banks that don't harass you everytime you want to make a deposit?

2. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

I receommend a credit union - like Capitol Credit Union. They don't nickel and dime you for everything, have good rates, and are super cool to deal with.

I think you only have to be a Travis County resident now, to join.

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yep. I have used UFCU since I was a Senior at UT. I would not change for anything.

4. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I think going to the bank to make your deposit is the real problem. If direct deposit is not an option, then just use any of the gazillion BoA ATMs that are likely to be near you.

5. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

I make deposits all the time at BoA and can't remember ever being asked about adding something to my accounts (of course I already have a BoA card).

Chase, on the other hand, pitches me a checking account anytime I go over to make a payment on my fiancee's credit card.

It's probably more of a branch thing than it is a company wide thing.

6. Craigcito

Craigcito 250+ Posts

Close your account and get BOFA to make you a cashier's check payable to First Bank of Craigcito. I promise you'll never hear from me again.

7. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I second University Federal Credit Union.

Regarding unsolicited credit card offers I get in the mail with rates as high as 14.99 to 21.99%, I take all the paperwork they send me, write on the application "These rates suck ***" and mail it all back to them. That way I can share my feelings and they have to pay postage.

Good times.

8. RollingwoodHorn

9. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

i also have BofA, and i love how everytime i go in there, they start out with "congratulations mr bigup, you qualify for . . . " [​IMG] i think there's a way for them to note on your account NOT to ask you anymore about some great new offer. we'll see if it works the next time i go in.

10. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

Oh god I can't tell you how disappointed we were in Bank of America. We opened an account there and closed our UFCU account when we moved to FL, and from square one we had nothing but trouble with them. We ended up opening with Wachovia (who I really really love now) and trying to close the Bank of America account.... well guess what, they left .01 in the account so now we have a negative balance because they are charging us montly fees for the account that was supposed to be closed. Idiots.

11. Durkee

Durkee 500+ Posts

They get all the hourly tellers to pimp all that BS for them with lures of bonuses and the ones that don't sell that **** to every customer that comes in can get in trouble. Blame the bank, but don't take it out on the person doing what they're told!

Move your account to Frost Bank--problem solved.[​IMG]

12. Super_Chachi

Super_Chachi Guest

whickums, what the hell is going on in your sig? [​IMG] May I ask, do you still have a mailman? [​IMG]

13. jadedscenester

jadedscenester 100+ Posts

i just had WF try to sell me a freaking personal assistant. WTF?

14. whickums

whickums 250+ Posts

Super_Chachi

My Weim has terrible play manners. Yes, she is having fun, and it's usually at the expense of my other dog. They both have a very rough and tumble playstyle. They are both playing and that was just a random picture with great timing. (Plus, if you knew my dogs' personalities it makes the picture even funnier)

15. TexasOwnzYou

TexasOwnzYou 500+ Posts

BoA has never anything like that to me. Then again, I dont have that much $ in my account and I have a BoA CC.

16. axle hongsnort

axle hongsnort 250+ Posts

i have chase, but seriously haven't been in a branch in years...maybe once or twice a year at the drive through. why doyou need the lobby???

17. RollingwoodHorn

18. iamhorn

iamhorn 100+ Posts

19. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

i hate boa, but they dont do that. in texas i liked compass bank a lot.

actually. i love chase... they are the best to me in every aspect.

20. CumberlandBlues

CumberlandBlues 25+ Posts

My wife and I switched to Wachovia from BofA and absolutely love it. They are opening new branches everywhere in Dallas including one less than a half mile from our house that opened a couple of months ago. Never try to sell me anything and the checking is relatively free.

21. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

Bank with Wells Fargo and do not have a problem.