Any chance Sam comes back for next year?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Duck Dodgers, Nov 9, 2020.

1. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

3. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

Sam is at best a third round draft pick in the NFL (not accurate enough). Given the awful situation at UT (I'm talking about all of the pseudoracism issues that Herman has stoked), I think Sam should transfer as a graduate to another school like Alabama or Ohio State (not sure about either's QB needs for next year) and try to win a NC.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Sam won't beat out QBs from Alabama or ohio state or clemson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Reality is that you could make that list about 10x as long.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

At the current time yes. His accuracy has gone way down from the early part of the season. It would not be a surprise if he has an injury that affects his throws.

The weeks off could have helped.

We'll see - if Sam has a good rest of the season, maybe later rounds for the NFL. Not sure if another year in college would help him with his draft selection, or if he's as good as he'll get for the pros.

Also, if you go back to the posts after UTEP, there was lots of Hesiman talk. How times have changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Sam had been dealing with calf and thigh contusions. Not surprising considering the way he is used. I think three weeks to heal will reveal a different Sam than we have seen the last few games.

8. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I really hope you are right because Iowa State is going to be a bear of an opponent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I agree Rick and FW. Purde looks dead on right now.

• Agree Agree x 2