Any chance Titans make a move for Chad Johnson?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by UTmainman, Apr 27, 2008.

1. UTmainman

UTmainman 100+ Posts

Is he still on the trading block and could the Titans do it?

2. The question is - do the Titans want that cancer on their team? I know some Bengals fans who are pretty fed up with him.

3. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

The titans dont like the forward pass.

If Ocho came, hed complain that we never threw it to him, thus dogging vince, and ultimatley beginning the new QB talk for TEN.

Which honestly i do not mind. If TEN doesnt help Vince, he needs to get out of there. Someone who actually utilizes his abilities, instead of having him just hand it off. f**k, I could do that every down too. Someone draft me.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I don't know that I would call Ocho Cinco a cancer. He does not create fights in a locker room, get into off the field incidents, come up on drug tests. He is flamboyant and selfish but pretty well liked by his teamates who also enjoy his routines as it livens things up. At least from what I read in an article about him and the sideshow. At times they say it is a bit much but it is who he is.

I think fans turned on him when flat out said he does not want to be there and will not play. I cannot think of one player on my favorite team that I would still support in that situation either. He would quickly cease being a fan favorite.

Luckily fans don't make personnel decisions. Otherwise every single Longhorn would be a Cowboy, Titan, Lion, etc...

He is in a situation that Terell Owens has been in a couple of times, a sort of make or break. If he does go to a new team, his behavior will have to be good. If he blows it with another team his value will go down, just as his numbers have. He needs to make the correllation that one does affect the other.

I like the guy (from a fan persepective) or at least what he was, not is now. I hope he pans out at the next team if that happens.

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Vince Young is the type of person I'd want to have playing QB if I had a disgruntled star WR who came in with some issues.

6. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

7. Red Five

Red Five 500+ Posts

****, if I were Vince I'd be about one year away from pulling an Ochocinco and trying to get the hell out.

8. hornrush

hornrush 25+ Posts

They've got to give VY some help...some ace receiver or receivers to throw to. Otherwise, he's gonna get hurt and be out of the league in a few years and all that potential opportunity for the Titans will go right down the drain.

9. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

I don't think VY will give a rats *** about ocho's attitude. he can handle that bull no problem. Vince has had a lot of adversity to deal with and a lot of doubters, he can handle a guy with a little too much pep in his step. He will be ecstatic to have a guy he can throw to down field. And if it takes a little heat off the QB I am all for this deal. The question is whether anyone in the Tenn front office is interested, and that I do not know.

10. HoosierHorn

HoosierHorn 500+ Posts

Salary cap limits what CIN will do with HOF 20??. He pushed to get a big new deal in 2006. Drew Rosenhaus got the Bengals to basically put another $10MM in Chad's pocket... a trade now would hit them for about $8MM. Chad is stuck unless someone wants to over pay for him.

11. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

I heard this weekend that the Bungles are about 10MM under the cap, so it sounds like they could take the hit. The problem I see is that with the draft behind us, it gets a lot harder to make this deal because Cincy would have to wait until 2009 to get anything for it...

12. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

If they have a chance to get Ocho, they should seriously consider it. I would not call him cancer at all. And look at the other "cancers" who have moved to new teams as of late. TO and Randy Moss both had pro-bowl years with their new teams.

13. Bevo5

Bevo5 1,000+ Posts

This move would make too much sense and be too awesome to actually occur.

It would all at once make the Titan's miserable draft seem well planned....and that doesn't seem possible.

14. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

According to the Bengals, Johnson was never on the trading block. If the Redskins couldn't get him for their #1 and #3 pick, whatever it did take to get him probably wouldn't be worth it.

15. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Never underestimate how stupid a Bud Adams team can be. If it hadn't been a poke in the Texans' eye I doubt he would have taken VY. A running back from E. Carolina was about the 5th or 6th thing that team needed.

16. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts