Any info on Jordan Hicks?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by 4th_and_18, Feb 9, 2009.

1. 4th_and_18

4th_and_18 100+ Posts

just wondering if he has visited/will visit...

Texas is listed as high on his list of schools and everyone else is medium or low.

2. LonghornSS

LonghornSS 100+ Posts

The only info I have is that he is a badass mofo. [​IMG]

3. scharnell

scharnell 1,000+ Posts

I dont think he made it in this weekend....hopefully he comes down soon, or gives our coaches a good vibe so we can save room for him...this class is loading up quick, and it's all great talent...

4. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Hicks did not make it down this weekend and has indicated that he will not be committing any time soon. Most people think it is down to Texas and tOSU, however tOSU has made up a lot of ground recently. Once thought to be a lock to Texas, it looks like Tressell has circled the wagons around this kid.

Texas still has a good shot, but our numbers are tight and I am not sure how long the staff will wait. OTOH, as good as he is, I imagine he will always have an offer from Texas.

5. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

Yeah, just posted some stuff on Hicks in another thread actually. He wanted to come down to the 1st Junior Day but wasn't able to because a conflict with his ride. I believe his coach was going to drive but had a commitment on Monday.

My understanding is he will be down for the 2nd Junior Day on the 28th and he has already been offered. Not saying he will commit on the spot, but he has been vocal about his love for Texas. Don't have a link on me but I read he has said something to the effect of "We (Texas) are going to be really good."

6. hornsmadeinchina

hornsmadeinchina 25+ Posts

It wasn't Hicks that said that. Supposedly Demarco Cobbs said that.
    The Link

7. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

Hicks should make our next Jr. Day. If you get a chance check out the film on this kid. Texas probably still leads but every B10 school, the Domers and most of the PAC10 will or already have offered.

8. HornLivin

HornLivin 250+ Posts

9. eflow24

eflow24 1,000+ Posts

Cobbs is almost a done deal. If we offer him, he will commit. For the record, there were many saying Kicks was going to commit to Texas early but that never came out of Hick's mouth in any interview. He has always said he would wait.

10. Tom Ato

Tom Ato 25+ Posts

11. CraigHorn

CraigHorn 500+ Posts

Sounds like a heckuva prospect. Would be a wonderful addition to what is shaping up to be a sterling class.

[​IMG]

12. ut1978

ut1978 100+ Posts

O-bloods headline says Muchamp is hot on the trail (of Hicks, that is). I'm good with this.

13. OSUMBuckeye

OSUMBuckeye < 25 Posts

Don't know if you horns have seen this, but I thought you might like to check out his film on this site:
    The Link

This site is a great source for videos if you are ever after a player in Ohio.

14. FattyMac

FattyMac 100+ Posts

Thanks Buckeye.
    Wow. Impressive.

15. Ruby Soho

Ruby Soho 100+ Posts

I think he murdered a receiver in one of those highlights. [​IMG]

16. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

The way he bursts through the line of scrimmage is unreal.

17. Play Misti

Play Misti 25+ Posts

Does Hicks have a connection to Texas - family, etc?

18. evolujohn

evolujohn 100+ Posts

thanks for link - I imagine some of the disgust I feel when any OOS univ gets a quality recruit from Texas will be felt by many tOSU fans should Jordan become a Longhorn.

I could get used to watching his ride em' horsey tackles (hilarious leap on top of the ball carrier and riding them to the ground) more please...

come on down Jordan

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

The word has consistently been that Hicks has never been a fan of tOSU, was neither born nor raised in the state, and has no real ties there. He moved to Ohio in middle school and has always harbored the idea that he would be returning south to play football.

Everyone in Ohio agrees that he is talented. Most think that there is little chance that Tressel will be able to keep him in state, though no one expects a straight concession of the battle. Most fans also feel LB is a position of great depth at tOSU, and that the Bucks usually have a stable of very good to great LBers, so they aren't going to be torn up if he leaves.

Word is that Texas was the clear, early leader, but that Florida is in the driver's seat at the moment with LSU also making some yipping noises.

20. launceston

launceston 250+ Posts

These OOS stars are hard guys to get. He looks like a hell of a prospect, though.

Last Longhorn from the state of Ohio, would it be A.J. "Jam" Jones? Anyone?

21. evolujohn

evolujohn 100+ Posts

thanks for the insight Buckhorn - I agree that tOSU seems to find the LBs it needs [​IMG]

22. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I agree that it is difficult for us to get OOS and we should probably concentrate on the ones in state if they wait too long to commit. I think he would have great success here if he came. Still I would love to get Corey Nelson and/or Shawn Lewis to be sure we have some great linebackers for the future.

23. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

Part of the reason folks are saying that Texas is losing ground is the idea that his commitment timeline and the Longhorn timeline are not going to mesh.

24. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

His difficulty in arranging transportation to the 1st Jr. Day points up a problem in our recruiting of OOS players, IMO. It's so easy for in-state recruits to get here, and when most of the slots are booked, it makes it difficult to go after a list of select non-texas players.

25. buckhorn

buckhorn 1,000+ Posts

A little bump:

Recent word is that Hicks is more open to Ohio State and Tressel than was first thought. Says he is open at this point. The guy who interviewed came away feeling Ohio State has a legit shot though, unlike many in-state guys, he will have to be recruited full bore throughout the process (as if he were out of state, which is where it appears his heart still resides).

Texas was the team first discussed. Long time fan. Seemed like the sentimental favorite to some degree. No plans to visit anywhere any time soon, maybe in the summer. Florida was next discussed and he seemed most excited about the Gators. Ohio State was discussed third and it would not be a stretch to say that his comments could easily be read as polite/politic inclusion of the homestate favs, though, if taken at face value, he sounded legitimately interested.

It is hard to read the emotional content of interviews, and guru reports sometimes carry a whiff of optimism in order to make using the kid's recruitment easier. If you are a recruiting guru on the Ohio State fan sites, yu prolly want to have a little something positive to say about a kid like Hicks, even if everyone and their dad thinks he's catching the 5:40 south.