Any other ex-Maverick fans?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by BattleshipTexas, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

2. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

I love Cuban as an owner. Yes, he has done some embarrassing things, but those are greatly outweighed by his positives. I feel the same way about Jerry Jones. A lack of social polish does not diminish an owner's passion and commitment to winning. Both Cuban and Jones are aware of their faults, and they both made fun of themselves all the time.

I can't imagine rooting for another team. I just isn't possible. I've lived in San Antonio for 6 years, and the Spurs are as successful and classy an organization as there is. Still, I can't like them. In fact, when my wife isn't looking, I root against them (to little avail).

And I echo the sentiment, why now?

3. BattleshipTexas

BattleshipTexas 1,000+ Posts

4. BattleshipTexas

5. BattleshipTexas

6. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

Cuban's a good guy. He's whiney and annoying, but so what. He's a decent person and he cares about his players and the organization.

And regardless, I'm not sure why not liking the owner as a person should have any effect on whether or not you like the team.

7. Ballaholic

Ballaholic 25+ Posts

You're right Battleship, Jerry Jones is like the invisible man.

8. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

9. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

10. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

In reply to:

11. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Battleship, I"m guessing due to what I've read of your political opinions on the West Mall, that you're a big Bill O'Reilly fan and you are responding to his attacks on Cuban for some of his movies. If so, you weren't much of a real Mavs fan anway. Good riddance.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

12. BattleshipTexas