any updates of UFCU Disch?

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Lone_Star, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Lone_Star

Lone_Star 100+ Posts

Can anyone provide some update pics?

2. dbfootball

dbfootball 250+ Posts

I was out there 10 days ago? Is that current enough.

3. Thorp

Thorp 500+ Posts

Any picture updates?

4. texkermit

texkermit 25+ Posts

5. dbfootball

dbfootball 250+ Posts

6. dbfootball

dbfootball 250+ Posts

7. dbfootball

dbfootball 250+ Posts

8. dbfootball

dbfootball 250+ Posts

9. Lone_Star

Lone_Star 100+ Posts

Thanks a lot for the updated pics!!! It's much appreciated.

It looks like they still have a ton to do with the season just around the corner. Will they finish on time? I doubt it, but you never know.

10. i drove by last week.
    these pics don't do it justice.

this place is amazing. i'm one to sugarcoat ****, but this does not need it. the disch looks glorious!

11. texkermit

texkermit 25+ Posts

One more of my comparison photos:

[​IMG]

12. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Allsome. [​IMG]

When is this thing supposed to be finished?

13. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

Am I seeing that right? There is still no concrete poured for the new first base line seats?

I don't see how this is going to be finished in time for opening day. But I'm perfectly happy to be wrong.

14. MindControll

MindControll 25+ Posts

When I was there late last week, some of the structure for the seats past first base was in place. It looked to me like they would have all that concrete poured in the next couple of weeks.

15. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Will the pick-up truck be considered in the field of play?
    There sure is a lot of junk sitting around everywhere-can it possibly be finished this season?

16. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Cool photos, thanks for posting.

I hadn't looked at the sketch in awhile, but anybody know why they decided to so drastically go away from the sketch? The sketch was pretty mean looking and very symmetrical from the outside. Just a question, not that it doesn't look great.

17. austintexas

austintexas Guest

I don't either. Seems like a lot of work for 5 short weeks.

18. KEYSERSOZE

KEYSERSOZE 100+ Posts

I went by the Disch on Tuesday. I don't think that there is any way that the work will be completed by the time the season starts. I can't figure out why it is taking so long to finish this project. I am gussing that there has been no big push to finish it like there is when there is conctruction at DKR. I just seems to me that this construction is going soooooooooo sloooooooooow! [​IMG]

19. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Wow. It looks amazing. Especially from the front facade. And the boxes look 100x better than the Round Rock Express boxes (which look like a cheap motel).

20. howard

howard 100+ Posts

I drove by yesterday (Saturday, 26 Jan). They had full construction crew working. The concrete for the new stands along the first base line was finished, no seats yet though. Lots of cleanup and landscaping work going on, including installation of sidewalks around the exterior of the stadium.

The TexasSports.com has a photo update, including pix from inside the suites and from inside the new locker room:
    The Link

21. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

Thanks for the updates

22. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

23. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

P/C the only seats not installed are the new ones down the first base line. They could probably have those ready in a few days, if they put their mind to it. As for all of the perimeter work, I agree...they will be completing a lot of things as the season progresses. My guess is their main concerns will be access, egress and safety. When I drove by yesterday they were working on the main entrance, among other things. The northwest entrance looks complete, but the third base entrance is wide open, right now, with no fencing or gate...only the sidewalk leading up to it. I've been quite impressed with the progress over the last two or three weeks. I think it will be very 'livable' by Feb. 22.

[​IMG]

24. texkermit

texkermit 25+ Posts

Was at the Disch today - here are a couple of photos. I guess it could happen - there were a lot of people working, putting in sidewalks etc...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

Almost done. Awesome.

26. notanative

notanative 1,000+ Posts

Was in Austin for the day on Sunday, and they were even working on Sunday - gettting the sidewalks in on the third-base side (outside) From what I could tell, the field and stands will for sure be ready by 2/22 - the concourses may be another matter, but with all the construciton materials arouns, it may be hard to tell. People were walking into and out of the suites, so suspect there was activity there on Sunday as well.