Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by OUBubba, May 25, 2021.

1. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

You said:

You can't convince me that deadly force is ever warranted to apprehend a suspect that is without any weapons. I think the "shoot to kill" training needs to be re-evaluated and that level of deadly force needs to be much more judiciously applied.

Ashely Babbit was without weapons, and shot without warning in the neck, bleeding to death on the floor. She was a veteran who served her country in time of war, and deserved far better than to be murdered by a trigger happy cop, Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

So any killing of an unarmed human is unjustified? So you agreed with BLM then in protesting Floyd's execution and others? As an aside, I'd argue context always matters. Whereas Floyd's execution was unjustified, Adam Toledo's killing was justified.

In this case, this woman had pushed past all previous police trying to restrict the crowds advancement, she was upstairs directly from the "Hang Mike Pence" chants, she had been warned by unarmed police to stand down and still chose to move forward. That hallway gives her direct access to Congresspeople. It's sad that it took a protester death to stop their advancement.

3. Seattle Husker

She was a veteran that was in the process of committing a crime, multiple crimes.

I don't think deadly force was warranted but given the context of the crowds I'm not going to fault those that feared for their life. One officer testified today that throughout his deployment to Iraq he was never as scared as he was on 1/6.

4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I'm just going to let SH twist in the wind on this.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

For all you know he made eye glasses in Iraq.

6. Duck Dodgers

It's really sad for the woman who was shot to death protesting, wasn't it?

Thought you said: You can't convince me that deadly force is ever warranted to apprehend a suspect that is without any weapons.

She had no weapons. Physical presence in a public building while protesting is not a death sentence, or at least it shouldn't be. But if you're protesting against the Ruling class, it is, and various gas huffers will excuse and applaud it.

7. Duck Dodgers

Yeah, he has JAG written all over him.

In Iraq, the military fought against car bombs, rifles, snipers, rockets and shaped charges smuggled in by Iran (and later re-paid for their expenditures via King Barry's pallets of cash for the mullah's flights).

While the protestors had, well, uhh, no guns, but they did say chant some things, had lots of flags, and some shirtless man in a buffalo horn hat. Terror, just terror!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You're a real charmer. They should have shot many more that were assaulting them with any number of weapons. Worst. Tourists. Evah.

9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

And that officer is a lying sack of sh!t.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't think there is any evidence of that. If you are referring to breaking and entering, then okay. But if you are claiming she was there to hurt anyone you're making stuff up.

11. Seattle Husker

Yes, I said that when police had an even match, a single assailant. In this case there was ~9,000 rioters compared to hundreds of police. Not exactly an even match which was reinforced by video after video of crowds of rioters overwhelming police.

This was a crowd intent on getting to the public officials. They said as much in videos of that day, their social media postings and subsequently in legal cases following 1/6. To diminish the intent of the crowd, the volume of verbal and physical altercations that were captured on video to claim that this was a mere "physical presence in a public building" ignores the voluminous evidence. It's a claim absent of credibility, likely driven by political beliefs more than anything.

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

They didn't and none of the police were killed by the protesters (rioters). That disproves your claim that they were assaulting anyone.

Please keep smearing those who disagree with you politically though. It makes it easier to round them all up and throw them in jail.

13. Seattle Husker

Yes, I was referring to breaking and entering. Who knows her intent but the crowd's intent was clear:
    [​IMG]

She did tweet "The Storm is here", a QAnon theme, while walking to the Capitol building. Additionally, another rioter, the one she landed one, claimed that she refused to back away after police threats and proceeded to go through the window. There is some culpability there by Babbitt.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Pissing up a rope with the ultimate troll.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Duck Dodgers

She's guilty of something, who knows what, better shoot an unarmed woman in the neck, better to be safe!

And yet, the police didn't have to shoot 9000 people, they shot one. And usually when a true mob has one of their own killed, they become enraged and attack harder. I've never heard of a true bloodthirsty mob that was stopped after one shot.

That didn't happen here - further evidence it was just a trigger happy cop, Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd who's name is apparently a state secret that must be protected at all costs.

The protests at the Capitol were a waste of time, as the results had already been certified in December, and the proceedings that day were a formality, though they've been elevated to some sacred day that's Christmas/Passover/Eid/the Hamburgler's Birthday combined, to allow bed wetters like General Milley to declare a protest that day as a Very Assault on the Constitution of the United States!!! Gotta change his pants after that hysteria. But it's easier for him to hype this up than talk about another war the US has lost under his command.

The protests were dangerous to the protestors, as the DC Ruling Class doesn't allow non-approved protests, and they have the media / Big Tech / court / jury / FBI/KGB secret police force ready to charge people who walked into an public building, didn't break anything, then left, with bull **** crimes of "Interference with a Congressional Proceeding" which apparently carries a 20 year sentence - they'd been better off just randomly shooting someone.

What they weren't is any sort of rebellion, or danger to the fabric of the Untied States, or anything more than a group of people upset about what they see is an injustice in America, and wanting to protest against it. Everything since then has merely been a political weapon by the Democrat party and their slaves in the media and the permanent government, to use against anyone who dares to challenge their rule.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Stop putting words in my mouth. It's why you're on Ignore with many

Blm riots burned down structures for several blocks. This dc protest, windows were broken. Big difference eh?

17. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

There was no assault? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/22/capitol-riots-man-admits-dragging-cop-to-be-beaten-by-flag-pole.html

It's a nice touch beating them with a US flagpole, back the blue and all. Maybe it was one of those back the blue flags. That would be Herman Cain level irony.

18. Duck Dodgers

I go under the assumption, that every leftist would like to replace me with an illiterate Guatemalan that ran across the border yesterday, who they can depend on his vote.

And under the assumption that most leftists would like to round me and my family up into a re-education camp, if only they could, and had the power to.

It's a good guide to dealing with them, and what they truly want.

19. Seattle Husker

Why is that hard to believe? He was in that one doorway where the fighting was most vicious. Sgt. Gonnell was hit with a flagpole, repeatedly, sprayed with so much chemical irritant that it soaked through his clothes. I believe he injured his hand during the melee. Unless he witnessed/experienced an IED then it's not hard to believe this was worse.

It's not lost on me that some here want to revere Ashley Babbit's veteran status while denigrating Gonnell. One was committing a crime while the other was doing their job. It's a bit nuts that some of y'all can't look past your political preference.

20. Duck Dodgers

Or the fact that it's suddenly A-OK to shoot an unarmed woman, when you said:

You can't convince me that deadly force is ever warranted to apprehend a suspect that is without any weapons

It's just as if Mr. High and Mighty, Country Before Party!!!, suddenly doesn't mind if unarmed people on the other side of the political fence are shot dead while protesting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. horninchicago

Are you telling me that someone here who has repeatedly denigrated police and the systemic racism etc etc is justifying shooting an unarmed woman at nearly point blank range as the was crawling through a window?

Is that what y'all are telling me? Why is that poster continuing to be acknowledged?

22. Seattle Husker

Nah...he's debating **** nobody has said but it makes a good strawman argument which are one of the most popular forms of debate on West Mall.

It's as if nobody wants to read and respond to what's actually said but rather some made up argument (likely given by a bias confirmation source) to what they want to believe the other side is arguing.

23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Were George Floyd protesting things may have gone poorly.

24. Duck Dodgers

That's garbage. I posted exactly what you'd written and your crawfished away from it.

Anyone who destroyed property that day needs to be charged with it Anyone who assaulted a cop needs to be charged for that. And it was a waste of time for the protestors to protest that day - it wasn't going to change anything.

Why can't you stick to your own previously applied statement and say it was wrong to shoot an unarmed protestor? You were all high and mighty and Country Before Party!!! when it wasn't someone whose politics you don't agree with. Then it was A-OK. No straw man needed.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So why didn't the police shoot all of them if it was such a clearly justifiable action. How could the policeman divine her violent intentions and also determine those others didn't have the same intentions?

Was it that Ashli was aiming a weapon at the police? Was it that she was the only one climbing through the window. It just doesn't make sense to me.

It sounds more like the police shot into the crowd out of some level of feat and then realized he made a bad decision and the crowd wasn't going to harm him. The crowd obviously didn't harm the policeman. If they were hell bent on taking over the country and hanging Pence, they sure didn't try very hard.

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

You bring in another part of the protest. I was talking specifically about what was going on in the Capitol when Ashli Babbitt was shot.

Obviously, the policeman you link to was assaulted. They caught the guys responsible. They look guilty and should be held accountable.

27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't want to revere Babitt or denigrate Gonnell for him doing his job.

I denigrate him strictly for participating in this political theatre. Who knows maybe he was more afraid on 1/6 than in Iraq. But that means he worked in an office somewhere and wasn't under fire, which means he is still a lying sack. He is being disingenuous in order to help Ds score political points. We all know the quote was meant to show that 1/6 was just as bad or worse than getting shot at in Iraq, which is objectively false.

28. horninchicago

The problem with the Dims on here is that none of the conservative posters would justify this shooting had it been a black Democrat woman.

Dims do a one eighty when a conservative is involved.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Don't expect a reply to this, above.
    And yet the worst thing they did upon entry was place a foot on Pelosi's desk. Savages!

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

You meant Dems. Otherwise you insulted me. And you would never do that. I’m bonafide!