Anyone been to the B12 tournament?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Ignatius, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Thoughts, recommendations? Any feel for what kind of tix you get via the LF allotment?

2. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

I went to KC a couple times before they started rotating it around. Horrible experience both times. The former Big 8 treated Texas fans like ****, I had fans screaming at me in the concessions area to go home after we lost. Couple that with the fact that every KC resident I ran into was questioning me about why does Texas want to move the Big 12 tourney away from KC. I'm just an alum and fan, I have no control nor input over the Big 12 tournament location. I went to one when it was held in Dallas and it was a much better experience. People were friendlier and the people of Dallas acted glad to have all the schools' fans there.

Would be interesting to go back this year though. Now that KU, ISU, OSU, MU and KSU realize they'd be up a **** creek without Texas staying in the conference; I'm guessing their ****** little attitudes would be greatly adjusted.

Oh and you get crap tickets through the Foundation unless you give a boat load of money. I always think you'd do far better to scalp for Texas games and get better seats provided Texas isn't playing KU or MU. Might be better served to buy tickets through Tech or Aggy.

3. boydo7

boydo7 < 25 Posts

Lighten up, Francis. I'm sorry you got bothered by a few fans, but any serious basketball fan - regardless of school - would say that KC does a much better job hosting the tournament than Dallas or OKC.

The set-up with the Sprint Center and the Power & Light entertainment district immediately across the street is fantastic. More importantly, the entire city gets into the tournament. Cynics would say it's because there's nothing else going on, but most would tell you that the town seriously cherishes the tournament.

As for the ticket situation, you are almost always better off to get tickets on the street. Texas will most likely get a first-round bye, so if you buy through the Foundation, you'll be stuck with two junk tickets for Wednesday.

4. History Horn

History Horn 100+ Posts

As noted above, just be ready for the Big 8 butt hurt BS when you go up there. Much better experience in Dallas.

That might have changed some since NU and CU bolted the conference. We flew into KC to drive up to the NU football game and all of the MU fans were great. Really pulling for Texas to upset Nebraska.

Hook 'em