Anyone Else Concerned About The BU Game ?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DRAG69, Nov 7, 2008.

1. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

I mean we are coming off of a tough loss.
    We are banged up with several leaders out for this game.
    The distraction of:
    Muschamp and offers.
    Sergio to the NFL.
    Facebook.
    The continued talk of Tech.

Couple all of that with....

The best Baylor team we have played since Mack arrived.
    11 AM start.
    A sure to be lethargic crowd.

We better be ready because they will be.
    I would not be surprised if we fall behind early and have to come back which might actually be better than say jumping out to a quick 14 point lead and then relaxing too early. Sometimes it is much harder to get that momentum back when this happens.

I just hope Colt and Roy Miller and Sergio Kindle get this team fired up because if not we might be in for a tough day.
    Not saying we will lose but it might be a lot harder to win this game than people think.

2. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Banged up or not if we can't beat BU then we need to go silently into the night.

4. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

We need to be concerned about every game.

5. HornFinc

HornFinc 250+ Posts

I agree with all your points and think it will be a much closer game than most. I have this feeling it's going to be a close ballgame until the beginning of the 4th quarter, and we'll end up winning by about 17.

6. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Wait what's this Sergio to the NFL business?

7. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

We need to rip them a new one, and start up another winning streak.

8. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

Sergio said he was considering NFL.

9. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

yeah, it really should be a very close 1st half. I predict Baylor ahead at half, maybe by as much as 14 points. Our guys wake up at halftime and win by 14.

10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'm more concerned than last year, when we played arguably our laziest of the conference matchups. Sloppy all around, and still won by 3 TDs.

I'm thinking we still win by about 3 TDs, but in a much easier fashion than last year. Griffin will amass 300+ yards of total offense, but most of their drives will end up squandering 3rd downs with missed FGs and turnovers. 39-17 or something to that effect.

11. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Texas by 17-20 points

12. Bevo71

Bevo71 500+ Posts

I am concerned that we will come out flat, that Greg Davis will revert back to his TTU 1st half experimenting with the offense, that our crippled secondary will be exposed and abused again.

13. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

14. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I don't think most Horn fans are concerned. But then again, most Horn fans weren't that concerned about Tech. Focusness people! [​IMG]

15. anhyzer

anhyzer 250+ Posts

I'm not, but only because I know the team IS. [​IMG]

16. non_sequitur

non_sequitur 250+ Posts

I'd imagine that BU is.

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable 250+ Posts

19. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

According to Chip Brown scouts have told him Segio has already played his way into the late first round with a huge upside meaning he could go a lot higher.

20. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Sure, I'm concerned. This is the classic setup for a let-down, must regrasp control of focusness.
    It wouldn't be the first time a team has lost to a big underdog in a situation like this.
    Hopefully it won't happen, and we play a good game.

21. TXThorn

TXThorn Guest

Ummm..NO. Baylor, at HOME, team knows they can't lose again. The same team that played their asses off against 3 straight top-15 teams and barely lost to another on an off night. You think the character of this team and what they accomplished would allow a loss to Baylor at home?. No worries...we haven't overlooked anyone yet and it damn sure won't happen tomorrow coming off a loss. [​IMG]

22. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

Yes I am concerned.

Not just because Texas is banged up and Baylor is confident but because with one loss in a competition for a chance at Miami, style points count.

Beating Baylor by 5 might be disastrous.

23. DRAG69

DRAG69 1,000+ Posts

I really do not think we will lose this game but....my biggest concern is the whole Facebook deal. None of us know how it has affected our team. Is their some division ? You just never know how these kids will react. Hopefully everyone is still united and it is still a family. It does concern me however.

24. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

My only concern is that Mack will call off the dogs too early to impress the computers.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

25. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

Give me a break.

26. Horn@AC

Horn@AC 250+ Posts

Negatory.

27. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Not exactly sure how J-Mike made a "mistake," considering he's playing and becoming a viable target for an NFL quarterback. It's not like he's PJ Tucker or something like that.

The only thing keeping Kindle from being a first rounder at this point is his arrest from last year. Other than that, his combine/pro day numbers should easily smash every LB we've had not named Derrick Johnson. And probably even top some of DJ's physical abilities on paper.

And then you look at how we've turned him into a rush end based on need and scheme, and that shows the NFL he could specialize at several LB roles. I think he'll be a decent pro, and probably a starter for a chunk of his NFL career.

28. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

29. Okichi

Okichi 100+ Posts

The only concern I have is if Colt's head is okay. During the Tech game he looked dazed at some point. I'm worry about how we ended the season in Colt's freshman year.