Anyone Else Concerned About The BU Game ?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by DRAG69, Nov 7, 2008.

1. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

2. TexasRx

TexasRx 500+ Posts

I'm concerned regarding being able to get out of bed for a 9am kickoff.

3. UTeric32

UTeric32 500+ Posts

4. RoundhouseKick

RoundhouseKick 250+ Posts

5. baoklhorn

baoklhorn 1,000+ Posts

You HAVE to have the attitude that ANYBODY can beat you if the circumstances are right.

Coming in cocky and overconfident results in disasters.

TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS HORNS.

This really is the best Bear team is some time.

6. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Maybe I am missing something Sergio Kindle, in the NFL? As What? Maybe if he puts on about 20-30 lbs, a defensive end?

7. horngrad03

horngrad03 250+ Posts

8. HollywoodHorns

HollywoodHorns 25+ Posts

9. Kafka

Kafka 100+ Posts

Less worried than usual. UT is probably going to play well and take care of business.

Also, when UT was undefeated, every game was pretty huge because losing might cost UT a potential MNC. Since UT lost to Tech, the potential for an MNC has gone way down. So, in a strange way, the games after the defeat are less stressful (to me) because there is much less at stake.

Mostly I'm just eager to see how the horns play, especially Malcolm williams and Fozzy Whittaker. I am very interested to see any changes Greg Davis may make to the offensive strategy.

10. biscuithead

biscuithead 25+ Posts

11. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

12. mackfan1

mackfan1 1,000+ Posts

I'd be more surprised if DKR is half-full by kickoff than I would be if we beat BU by less than 10. There have been distractions aplenty, but this isn't the '07 team.

13. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

That's what I was arguing, biscuithead. Everyone always thinks that the best route for an underclassman to take is to stay in school, when in reality, there's very little to accomplish. He can get paid for the hands-on opportunity to play football as his job, rather than stick around and help a college win for free.

Well, for tuition/fees and per diem, but then you have to go to class.

14. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

Horns by 21..write it down!!

15. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Given the fact that the game lasts 60 minutes, it's hard to imagine them outscoring us in that length of time. But then the last two years I thought we'd handle KSU okay too.[​IMG]

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

16. Ced_Said_So

Ced_Said_So 25+ Posts

Somehow I doubt our potential NFLers are playing for free...but for Jermichael, I think ANY immediate $$ was more important than whether he got $1 mill or $4 mill.

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wake Forest hammered them 41-13 and OU hung 49 on em, both games were in Waco. If we don't hang half a hundred on them in Austin, I'll be very disappointed.

18. zzzz

zzzz 2,500+ Posts

The Missouri Tigers barely squeaked out a win against them.

19. The Bloak

The Bloak 100+ Posts

As a Bear, I can say we have gotten better each game.

Briles has our guys playing with a lot of confidence and for the first time in at least a decade, we have multiple weapons on offense who can take it to the house on one play. Our guys will fight for 4 quarters.

You guys know about Griffin (quite a talent) but we have a solid RB in Finley and another true freshman, Kendall Wright, who has put up big numbers. Stoops had a full court press on Wright before signing day. VERY happy he is a Bear.

We have struggled on defense (especially our secondary). We have a solid LB corp but our d-line doesn't get much pressure which means Colt should have a lot of time in the pocket.

I think you guys will like watching Griffin. I hate to make the VY comparison, but the more I see him play (and lead his team), the more I think of Vince. He has the same kind of speed (long stides like Vince) and is very accurate.

Here is to a good, and injury free, game.

20. HornInCanton

HornInCanton 250+ Posts