Anyone else holding out on Season Tix renewal until the last minute

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LHABSOB, Apr 27, 2020.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

I wonder what the renewal % is for the team right now after last season and COVID. They extended the deadline from March 20 to May 1. I am not sure why I have been holding out, I know I am going to renew but didn't want to commit sooner. Got a promotion at work that is going to move us from DFW to Chicago and the Mrs said "you aren't planning to keep the Longhorn tickets when we move to Chicago are you?" to which I replied with a bewildered look on my face "we damn sure are"!

• Like Like x 2
  2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Chris sent out an email that I find disturbing.

If we don't play, basically you can:

1) Get you money back

2) Have it held for next year

3) Convert it to a fully deductible donation to the school

PAC is voting on whether or not to play games in January/February if necessary.

3. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Already sent in mine, play the games!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I sent mine in under the thought that if games are cancelled, TV steps up with a super shortened package featuring the blue bloods against each other.

Mix & match with each school getting 5-6 games

Texas
    OU
    LSU
    Alabama
    Auburn
    UGA
    Clemson
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    State Penn
    Florida
    FSU
    ND

I am not including PAC as they are already having meetings with significant disagreement. (Those who want to grab USC, your chance could arrive in a couple of months.)

• Like Like x 2
  5. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Per the CDC email, tix are refundable or convert to donation.

You have no financial downside with a refund option.

6. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I have had my tickets for 25 years which includes seven seasons when we lived out of the country and I knew I wouldnt be able to get back for hardly any games. I kept the seats under the theory that I was eventually coming back and I didnt want to lose my donation level and have to pay a premium when we restarted season tickets after we got back, I was mostly able to sell the entire season all seven years I was gone at face value for most part so overall I didn't lose money on the deal. I even got back for a couple of games during that stretch. My donation level is $700 less for my seats because I kept the original level and that has more than made up for any money I lost during those seven years on unsold tickets. I know a lot of people who gave up seats for a couple of years for kids, work, etc. and now want them again but are paying much higher prices than if they had held on to their original seats and just paid for those years.

Patterson tried to run a bunch of folks like me off by starting a policy of no resell for people below their donation level but by then I was back and using my tickets and frankly I dont resell online but typically give to friends and family when I cant go so his chicken **** act didnt affect me.

I already started my payment plan for this year feeling that hey I would spend the money anyway and there is no downside financial risk since it would just count toward following season.

• Like Like x 4
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Already re-upped. I've had them for 37 seasons, so it's business as usual as soon as I get the notice.

• Like Like x 1
  8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Paid up and they can keep it

In the 35 years I’ve had my seats I’ve got more than enough pleasure to justify missing a year

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

It maybe just you and I in the stands, Hui

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'll already be in my seats when y'all arrive

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Hell or high water I’m there. See ya!