Anyone watch Democrat convention?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Me either.

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did they play this?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I could not help but tune in for a time. It was hilariously bad. Speakers just read from teleprompters in monotone voices. You literally could watch their eyes move left to right. I hope the RNC is watching and avoids anything like it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

No! I really didn't want to throw up just before going to bed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

If the Republicans really want to show something, they have to have an in person convention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Didn’t like Kasich back then, like him less now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Wait. He, a former (R) governor, hates Trump that badly that he spoke at the Diem convention? Wow.

9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Poor man's Mitt Romney. He has been a regular on CNN for the last three years. His political days are over.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Type this into your browser "DonaldJtrump.com/" and add anything you want after the final /. Pretty funny.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. horninchicago

Ha!

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.25.24 AM.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I watched some of it, I watched the Rangers game on my laptop, but Kasich is not a "poor mans Mitt Romney" he was a great governor here in Ohio. He is a moderate which in this country we need more of. People working together. I bet ya'll were hootin and hollerin for Romney when he was on the ticket....funny how things turn when Trump gets in your head. :tap:

Oh the convention was completely horrible btw.....stupidest thing I have ever seen

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I was not a fan of McCain or Romney. I voted for both simply because they were not Obama.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow JoeF Biden is sad . His handler should be ashamed

15. horninchicago

They have no shame. None of them. That goes for the libs around here as well.

Change my mind.

16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I voted for Kasich in the 2016 primary, the last presidential vote that mattered to a Republican in terms of making a critical decision. Since then, Kasich has gone off the deep end. He would have caved to the mob regarding Kavanaugh, for example.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Giving all Joe's a bad name

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Agree with every opinion expressed. And Trump is as bad in his own narcissistic, ignorant, pandering, sexist, crass,, boorish way. So you guys are free to pick which azzhole you want without my participation.

This one is close to as bad as the von Papen v. Hitler contest for Chancellor in Germany in '38. I guess von Papen wasn't as bad-----he got acquitted at Nuremberg after the war.

• poop poop x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  19. horninchicago

Not sure if they were Republicans before all of this. Surprised it isn't in this article, but I had read that the McCloskey's defended people against the police on brutality charges, which is what makes their situation so ironic. But here ya go, they are going to speak at the RNC.

mark-and-patricia-mccloskey-will-speak-at-rnc-next-week

20. horninchicago

So you won't vote? Why should I give a **** what your opinion is on the matter?

Azzhole? Seriously? Vote based on personality and whether you like him or her? Pretty pathetic.

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's really more of a moderate in tone and style, which means he's not a big dick-slapper. On policy, he was pretty conservative especially when he was on Capitol Hill. And literally nobody in the country has more credibility on the budget than he does. He was the real architect of the '90s balanced budgets.

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

He was a moderate that had already capitulated on every conservative social position. His line was typically...."that's already been decided." He started moderate and then moved left to make deals.

23. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

When he left office in Ohio he left the state in great shape!

• Like Like x 1
  24. horninchicago

Gosh, he's the greatest politician ever.

:whiteflag:

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

How does the Democrat party continue to put forth absolutely the worst candidates for POTUS? They have a guy this election that cannot hold a simple conversation. Embarrassing, but I’m thankful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Kasich is a self-absorbed doofus.

He has two issues: No charisma and an obsession with, “In Ohio, I did this, and that, and this, and that.”

Dude, no one cared when you were running in 2016 and they don’t care now. The Sleep App Calm should hire him because he puts people asleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  27. horninchicago

Oh good point. So, he does all the self congratulating that someone keeps saying Trump does to the point of not voting for him in spite of being a conservative. But Kasich is a great politician and all-around guy. That's what I have surmised from all of this.

28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

How would anyone even know about Trump? My gosh. When virtually every media outlet spends 24/7 for over 1000 days telling you that someone is a racist, homophobe, xenophobe, anti-Semite and fill in the blanks, many who are not well informed tend to be brainwashed.

Is he a choir boy? No. Is he indiscreet? Yes.

And what has he accomplished? Well, quite a bit now that you asked. And for blacks, Jews, workers, farmers, you name it. So judge him on what he does and has done. On that basis, I have no issue with Trump.

And on that basis, his predecessor was an abject failure. But who would know? According to the MSM Obama was the greatest President in history.

:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  29. horninchicago

30. WillUSAF

WillUSAF 500+ Posts

I don't know what is more annoying. "Never Trumpers" or "ALWAYS TRUMPERS"....I find the "always Trumpers" a little more on the nauseating side....

I think Trump has helped the MSM with their stereotype of him form the stupid crap that comes out of his mouth. It a daily thing.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1