Argentina - world domination imminent?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by 1899horn, Jan 6, 2008.

1. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

They have the best young forwards in the planet in Messi, Tevez and Aguero, always have top-notch midfield ball busters, and their defense is serviceable. Will there be there a more complete team to challenge them in two years, or should we just hand them the trophy now.

2. kicksumass

kicksumass 100+ Posts

they always lose when it matters.

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

On paper, they look pretty damn good. However, I just have a feeling that they will beat themselves along the way ... more than once.

4. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

5. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

If they play a team named the Herriers they are hosed.

6. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

ok, so they always lose when it matters except when the official fails to call an obvious hand ball

7. dallas_the_tiger

dallas_the_tiger 100+ Posts

Domination is a strong word. They might be a *tad* better than the elite countries (Brazil, France, Italy, etc..) But that's it.

8. HogsSuck

HogsSuck 25+ Posts

9. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

The 2004 Olympic team also has something to say about "losing when it matters". (Carlitos won the Golden Boot with 8 goals.)

Also, the 2007 U-20 World Cup team might have something to say.

So yeah, the Argentina looks like they are lined up for World Domination.

10. 1899horn

1899horn 500+ Posts

Argentina has made a habit of winning the U19 recently, and 6 overall, and historically is a very shaky barometer of things to come.

Argentina does have the spectre of Brazil to deal with, but they have only played in the world cup 3 times since 1978, and the record is 1-1-1.

My big problem with Brazil lately is that they don't play like Brazil. And if they do, then Brazil is in northern europe. It is very crude, but it is also effective. I can't fault them for that

Argentina's style has not changed, and it is at its sublime best when they have excellent goal setters. They play the beautiful game better than anyone. They have to be considered a very strong candidate, if not the favorite to lift the cup.

11. ldogg53

ldogg53 500+ Posts