Ariel Atkins Out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by 05Longhorn, Dec 12, 2014.

1. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

Horns Illustrated @HornsIllus: Texas Women's basketball announced that freshman guard Ariel Atkins is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.

Hope it's not too serious!

2. TEXASMADE

TEXASMADE 250+ Posts

Damn. Get well soon and heal that ankle. Hopefully we will have her and Imani in the line up together real soon.

3. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Get well Ariel! [​IMG]

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

sorry to hear. Ariel was progressing well. Hope she heals soon and is back on the court before one knows it.

5. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Well this is depressing. I hope they give us some info on how severe the injury is and what "indefinitely" means. I hunted on UT's Texas Sports website and didn't see anything.

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

kinda surprised they even said it was an ankle injury, due to all the HIPPA regs. The University can't release any details. Indefinitely covers a lot of territory and basically is a wait and see thing. Ariel is likely on either crutches and/or a walking boot depending on the severity of the injury and how much support is needed for the ankle at this time of recovery.

We will find out more on Sunday when she will likely be with the team on the bench when we can see if she is on crutches, wearing a boot or has regular shoes on.

7. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Geez, Texas can't seem to get a break on injuries! Best wishes to Ariel on a speedy recovery. A good opportunity for someone to step it up!

8. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Any news on when Ariel will return? Given Briana's injury, we need Ariel back.

9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

no idea when Ariel will return but she was walking without a boot or crutches at the game so that is hopeful.

Watching the replay of the game, it looks like Bri took a knee to the side of her knee. Painful, but guess we will find out later if there was structural damage. She was walking at the end of the game, gingerly, but without any support.

10. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

I truly hope Ariel is back in time vs baylor.

11. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Her injury must be pretty serious to have missed this many games. Texas needs her back SOON! Get well, Ariel!

12. 05Longhorn

05Longhorn 250+ Posts

LHN tweeted that both Atkins and Taylor are cleared to play tomorrow! [​IMG]

13. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Thank the HEAVENS!!! Not a whole lot of time for them to get a rhythm before the BU game. But i'll take a partial Ariel and Bri over a 100% other kids on the roster

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Better news than I was expecting. Noticed Brianna on the bench at OU, but no Ariel. So, figured Taylor was closer to returning to the court ahead of Atkins. Glad they're both cleared to return.

15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

great news. wonder how many minutes they will be limited to?