Arky doesn't want to play us in 2009

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by tj11_hookem, Feb 24, 2008.

1. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

So because they are playing aggy now in Jerryworld starting in 2009, they don't want to play with the big boys?

Our game is to be moved to at least 2014.

[​IMG]
    The Link

2. aflatoon

aflatoon 25+ Posts

Sweet, there's finally an opening for that Utah State matchup everyone was looking forward to.

3. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

Crap; Gilbert will have graduated by then.

4. CHETOLONGHORN

CHETOLONGHORN 250+ Posts

Maybe we can open up that new Minnesota Gopher stadium thats opening up in 2009.

5. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Isn't this the same Arkansas that hates us more than anyone else in the world and will do anything to get their hands on us? [​IMG]

I suspect that Darren McFadden and Houston Nutt's departures had something to do with this move; Arkansas probably needs time to get itself back together.

6. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Not that I blame them. I would want to take a pounding from the 2009 Longhorns, but at least this should make for some good T-shirts for the next few years. Yellow bellied Razorbacks has a nice ring to it.

7. Horns83

Horns83 500+ Posts

F'n weak. Mack better leave in the starters this year.

8. mandingo

mandingo 2,500+ Posts

9. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Screw that. Why wait until 2014? Just end it. Too bad we can't move Ole Miss up.

10. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

Hmmm.

at Arkansas (now open)
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    UTEP
    COLORADO
    vs. Oklahoma (Dallas)^
    at Missouri
    at Oklahoma State
    TEXAS TECH
    at Baylor
    KANSAS
    at Texas A&M

At a minimum I think we need to schedule a mid level BCS team in the Arky spot. I can't imagine that Colorado will ahev turned it around by then. KU could easily be back at .500 and there is no guarantee Mizzou will be worth a damn.

11. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts

So does this mean that we can schedule another home game?

12. honolulu horn

honolulu horn 100+ Posts

Pretty sad when an away game at Arky was the crown jewel of the non-conference schedule. Even sadder is what will replace it. My one and only gripe with UT football.

13. LHB parent

LHB parent 25+ Posts

The world's ending on 12/12/12 anyway so it doesn't matter - we won't have to schedule ANYONE. [​IMG]

14. orangecat

orangecat 1,000+ Posts

It's time for that long-awaited kick-off of the latest rivarly in Texas, the big one against the Texas State Bobcats!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

This is ridiculous. I think the next time we sign a contract with Arky, we should add a clause in there that requires them to find another team from a BCS conference (outside the Big XII) to take their place before they can back out. This makes our already lousy SoS in 2009 look even worse.

Oh well, at least we should theoretically have an easier time coasting to yet another 10 win season in 2009. It would just be nice if it didn't have to come at the expense of the sisters of the poor for once.

16. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

On the bright side we get to play them at home and can avoid playing them on the road for a few years.

Plus we may be able to find a better opponent for 2009 anyways.

17. Lat22

Lat22 1,000+ Posts

Crap. I was looking forward to eating at Doe's again.

18. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Whenever we have a weak SOS, we should play with only 10 guys on the field to make it more challenging. Even if our D only had 10 guys, I'd expect Muschamp to fire them up.

19. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Is anybody upset that Arkansas wants to emphasize its new rivalry with TAMU over its old rivalry with us?

I didn't think so.

20. Matterhorn

Matterhorn 25+ Posts

I hope we atleast look at another SEC school,
    Vandy or Ole Miss would be cool. Hopefully no directional Louisiana schools to take up the slack.

21. Felixthecat

Felixthecat < 25 Posts

Let's see: Arkansas accomodated Texas this year by moving the basketball game that was to be played in Fayetteville. Also Arkansas already has Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A$M in 2009. Also, I thought Arkansas originally agreed to the 2008 and 2009 games because Boston College or someone backed out on Texas. I don't see the big deal.

22. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

If you're to scared to schedule to many "big" schools", don't do it and then say, "well you know, we have a tough schedule, I don't want it." It shouldn't work like that.

Weak sauce.

23. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

WHOOOOOOOOOOAHHHHHHHH PIG PHOEY!

24. ngnichols

ngnichols 250+ Posts

*******. That is one school that talks so much noise and then when it comes time to put up, they just simply shut up.

25. Felixthecat

Felixthecat < 25 Posts

*******? Those ******* have handed you your asses the last few times you've played them. Texas looks like ******* when they can barely beat Ark. St., Central florida, Nebraska, and A$M (Oops A$M also kicked your ***).

26. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

#1 - Why in the hell would we agree to their request???? This isn't really Arkies fault if we are saying OK.

#2 - Of course they would rather showcase their new Jerryworld game. That game is a huge win -win for both schools.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

27. cloydtex

cloydtex 250+ Posts

28. Don Johnson

Don Johnson 250+ Posts

If Arkansas had a chance to win one of these two games, its the one in 2009 in Fayetteville. Instead, you guys get to play what will be a crappy Arkansas team in Austin in 2008, and not again for six years.

Also, considering how much many of you complained after i) the last trip to Fayetteville, and ii) this series was scheduled, this should be reason for celebration.

Let's also remember that you did the exact same thing in hoops this year. Admittedly, the difference was that it was a one year hiatus, and was in basketball - which is easier to replace. However, it was after you'd already had your home game in the series, and was months in advance., rather than a year and a half.

29. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

30. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

I say we play LSU @ Reliant Stadium to take the spot of Arkansas. I am sure they dont care to play app st and tulane every year.