Asleep at the switch

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LikeMike, Nov 25, 2017.

1. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Oklahoma, Auburn and Alabama all have Texas QBs. Two of them transfered from their first college. Where were the Texas coaches?
    We could still use a Junior level transfer. Wake up!!!

2. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Puke Murray was never coming here. Legacy agg. Stidham chose Tech and Baylor. Tells you he was never coming here either. I don't remember Hurts recruitment, but let's see, play for Saban and NCs, or play for Texas and 6-6. Pretty easy decision.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You couldn't be more wrong. His father was sacrificed by the Aggies to save the program. Never set well with him. Of course, the NCAA investigation was the biggest joke in NCAA history. I actually sat in Dockery's office on Directors Row and laughed about their total incompetence. His uncle was a Longhorn, and a grateful Longhorn because we gave him a chance, got him cleared from health issues when no one else would, and helped him into MLB. His aunt also was a Longhorn athlete. Both of them worked hard to get Kyler to transfer to The Forty Acres once is was apparent what a lying sack of **** Sumlin is.

Stidham was one of Briles street agent specials.

As for Hurts, Saban saw him early, his dad was his coach at Channelview, and so the courtship began early - similar to the LSU and Shaq. Of course, Hurts dad was smart enough to know what Charlie Strong is, and he wanted better for his son, as in guiding the best team in the country as a true freshman.

4. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

This,,,,,,is what scares me for years to come.

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Sam is from Texas.

6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Irony if we start a QB from Cali-prune-ya next year?

7. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

And there is more to the legacy thing like in who he grew up liking. But the kid had 2 chances to end up here. So I stand by my statement, He was never going to come here. Even if Mack had of changed his mind, still don't think Kyler would have. He thought A&M was the cool place to be and never saw Charlie in that light.

8. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

If a member of your family had his talent, would you honestly have told him to go play for Charlie Strong and his circus?

Kyler gave it very serious consideration, but chose personal development and his future over the place he liked best. Not sure he believed in or trusted Strong, but I know he would never believe anything else that Sumlin told him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

And thats exactly why he left Aggy.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  10. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

The problem is Texas hasn't had a decent college QB since 2009. We have been wandering in the wilderness since the Alabama game. No QB. No chance.

11. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I live in Allen. I witnessed every HS game Kyler played. He is the best Texas high school player in the past 40+ years (probably back to Earl Campbell). Makes me sick to see him play for OU. If he remains healthy, he will win another Heisman Trophy for OU. You will be amazed with his arm strength and accuracy. Plus, he is the fastest player on the field.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Stidham was a beast coming out of hs, and I wanted us to pursue him after the Baylor fiasco. We did get some Baylor players, but maybe missed one here. His mobility would have helped us this season with this OL

13. eastexhorn

eastexhorn 250+ Posts

Alabama the best in the country? Ask Auburn.
    Sam is from Texas & so is Shane.

14. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Wasn't even thinking about Murrary. Mayfield is an Austin guy. Our coaches need to wake up and find an experienced transfer who can step in next year.

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

And exactly what have they won?

WVU in Morgantowm after WVU's QB goes out for the season? Grier stays healthy, we aren't going to a bowl game.

K-State? Maybe, but still not a signature win

Iowa State? Became more impressive as the season progressed, but we caught them before they learned how good they could be.