Astros baseball question

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by That's Right, May 20, 2008.

1. That's Right

That's Right 500+ Posts

Have more homers gone over the railroad tracks at MM or have more gone into McCovey Cove?

2. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Tough call. Think I'll say Minute Maid just because the tracks are behind LF.

3. RollingwoodHorn

RollingwoodHorn 500+ Posts

61 have been hit into McCovey Cove, 35 of which were by Bonds. I don't watch enough Astros games to know if more have been hit over the tracks but I doubt it just because Bonds inflated the McCovey number so much.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont recall ever hearing a count on actually clearing the tracks. I have seen a bunch hit them and bounce around but not so many completely over. Thats a good shot.

Pujols has hit as many completely over as I can recall (will never get the one off Lidge out of my head). Fielder has hit some complete bombs there too but to RF. I saw Jason Lane clear them by a long way his first partial year up (believe it or not). The Cards' Duncan has also hit a couple of total bombs.

5. trueut2003

trueut2003 250+ Posts

Anyone remember that bomb that Sexson hit to center that hit about 20 feet up on the flag pole? Longest double in major league history probably (well, since WWII, at least).

6. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

McCovey Cove...and I'd be willing to bet by a longshot (no pun intended)

7. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

Sosa's blast against Elarton in 2000 was the longest shot I have ever seen.

I was at a game at the end of the 2000 season where Aramis Ramirez knocked 3 over the tracks

8. hudsonhorn

hudsonhorn 500+ Posts

McCovey Cove, no doubt. Haven't had even close to 50 or 60 up on the tracks.

9. Sangre Orange

Sangre Orange 25+ Posts

10. iluvut34

iluvut34 < 25 Posts