ASTROS caravan

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by longhornbell, Dec 26, 2007.

1. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

The Astros Caravan is coming to the Dell January 21. It will be interesting to see who will be included this year. I am hoping Biggio. Bagwell came the first year of his retirement.
    Got our table yesterday.

2. lazytexasfan

lazytexasfan 100+ Posts

last year they came to campus too. i wonder if they'll be doing that again this year. that would be allsome

3. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

It's for me ma.

4. Have an aggy friend who had an awesome time when the Astros stopped in collieville the year after they won the pennant. I hear that's a blast of a time.

5. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

They haven't told us yet who is coming. We'll probably find out when we get back to work tomorrow, or later this week.
    We also have the Winter Baseball banquet coming up in February. We haven't announced the guest speaker publicly, but as long as it doesn't change, it will probably be a ticket that most of you would want to buy. It's not someone who played for the Astros.

6. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

Wonderboy,
    Are his initials CR, Jr.????????

7. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

Haha, no it's not Cal. Easily in that stratosphere though. No word on the caravan yet either.

8. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

Not too many players in that stratosphere with Cal. [​IMG]

9. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

I agree. That's why I'm excited about this speaker.

10. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

In case you haven't already heard, Reggie Jackson is the key note speaker at the Winter Banquet at the Dell Diamond on February 6. It should be a pretty cool event to attend.
    In terms of who is coming to Round Rock for the caravan, the Astros still aren't letting us say who it is yet, but they are appearing at the George Bush Library in BCS later that afternoon. If you go to the library website and look at upcoming events, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out who is coming here.

11. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

From the George Washington Library website

"
    Events
    Astros Caravan
    Date(s): January 21, 2008
    Time(s): 3:30 to 4:45

The Astros Caravan will be coming to the George Bush Presidential Library and Museum on January 21, 2008. Meet Astros player* Lance Berkman as well as former Astro Jeff Bagwell, Astros General Manager Ed Wade and Broadcaster Bill Brown and get their autographs. This is the first in a series of events in conjunction with the museum's new exhibit "Born to Play Ball" which opens on March 1st.

The museum will have a limited number of commemorative baseballs imprinted with the museum logo. The baseballs will also include a certificate of authenticity from the event. Cost of the commemorative ball is $12.00, limit one baseball per person. Due to time constraints the museum can only guarantee autographs to the first 200 people. The players will of course sign for more people if time allows. Numbered cards will be handed out the day of the event beginning at noon. A limit of one autograph from each person will be strictly enforced. Also because of time constraints there are no posed photo opportunities.

*players subject to change without notice"

12. Wonderboy

Wonderboy < 25 Posts

The final word now is that Jeff Bagwell, Chris Sampson, Ed Wade and Bill Brown will be coming to Round Rock for the caravan.

13. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

What a load of ****! You guys get Bagwell in Austin, while down here in Kemah we get Woody Williams and Kaz Matsui? Who the f**k is Brett Dolan? At least Sugar Land gets the Toy Cannon.