Athlon's Pre-Season Top 25

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Interesting . . .

1 Connecticut
    2 California
    3 Stanford
    4 Texas A&M
    5 Duke
    6 Maryland
    7 Oklahoma
    8 Arizona State
    9 Tennessee
    10 Louisville
    11 Rutgers
    12 North Carolina
    13 Ohio State
    14 Texas
    15 Old Dominion
    16 Vanderbilt
    17 Oklahoma State
    18 Virginia
    19 Kansas State
    20 Florida State
    21 Xavier
    22 Auburn
    23 Michigan State
    24 Utah
    25 Pittsburgh

2. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Number 14...a great starting point. Maybe a quick rise to the top 10 will help our recruiting.

A&M at 4 is a bit of a surprise to me.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Surprising to see the Aggies up there at #4,considering they lost Atunrase, Franklin, and Reado. Of course, they get back White but lost Colson who was supposed to be the starting PG. They appear to be a bit inexperienced in both the frontcourt and backcourt. But they sure have talent.

I'm more surprised not to see Baylor in the top 25.

I think #14 is reasonable for the Horns, seeing how they played at the end of the season and only losing Ebay as an impact player. We'll miss Rachel but Gayle should ease that loss.

4. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

i agree -- A&M might be a little too high. wish i could read the magazine's reasoning behind these rankings.

5. mulkeyway

mulkeyway 25+ Posts

Baylor was cruising along last year until Jasmine Player got hurt. We still finished strong and went to the NCAA tournament. I guarantee you that BU will be in top 25 at the end of the year. Jasmine Player is back. She will be joined by Jessica Morrow, Rachel Allison, Kelli Griffin, and Danielle Wilson. BU has 5 new recruits and all are in the top 100 nationally. The roster has two McDonalds All-Americans on it (including recent USC transfer Morgan Medlock). Also, BU added hall of fame coach Leon Barmore in the offseason as an assistant coach. He led Louisiana Tech to mulitple national championships . I wouldn't count out the Bears. We will be down, but not without talent. In 2009-10, watch out. Griner arrives.

I expect UT to be on top this year and BU, OU, and A&M fighting it out for second. A&M is not going to be ranked that high by the end of the season.

6. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

It is hard to imagine that Mulkey will not have a top 25 team. If they do not make it to the top 25 this year, watch out next year...they are going to be a load to handle.

It should be interesting to see how well Player comes back and how much Mulkey can get out of Wilson. Morrow can be great, then again she can disappear and not even show up for a game. She has to be more consistent for Baylor to stay in the top 25.

7. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

Early polls crack me up. OU #7 - you've got to be kidding me. They have been over ranked the last yea or so. They're a bust! I like us in the top 20 - right out the gate #14 I don't know. [​IMG] But we'll be up there by the end of the season if we stay consistent and follow Coach G's plan.

I can't wait for this season to start. So I'm going to try and seat back and enjoy football season until my ladies take the hardwood. LOL!

8. TXtoCO

TXtoCO 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. Seriously...OU ranked above Tennessee, Rutgers and NC? RIGHT [​IMG]