Audrey Warren

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by CreakyHorn, Mar 25, 2021.

1. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

I am as excited as everyone about our being in the sweet 16. I am, however, concerned about Audrey. We all know that she is tough, and willing to take charges for the team. What toll has that taken on her? She got plowed by Anyonwere early, then go clipped on the chin. She friggin' passed out. Crashed to the ground. Who here would watch their daughter go through that and not be concerned? But, she's our warrior. Watch the rest of the game and see her demeanor. To me, she looked like a robot. Going through the paces, performing as expected. Are we UT ok with that? Am I over-reacting?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Audrey has never been animated as far as facial expressions when she’s in a game. Don’t misinterpret that as “robotic”.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WBBFAN19

WBBFAN19 25+ Posts

Audrey is good, she got hit on the chin and bit her tongue. No concussion, no head hit. Her parents are very active in her life and she is getting the best care at UT. She plays tough, likes taking charges, thats just the way she is. If you watch her younger days, she played the same way. She will say when she is done, until then, just enjoy watching her play.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Did she literally "pass out", or did she fall to the floor to get the action stopped so she could be tended to?

5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

No she got hit in the chin pretty hard and after, got a little dazed and her body went lymph and did a little twitch before she hit the ground. I honestly yelled when I saw it live because I'd never seen that before in a game and with her history, I thought it was really something serious going on with her brain. I can't even tell you the relief I felt when I saw her getup and come out the locker room with a smile on her face.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jacob Johnson

The play is at 1:05:10

7. WBBFAN19

WBBFAN19 25+ Posts

You can see she is still moving, she did not pass out, just got hit hard and bit her tongue bad.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I'm still amazed they didn't even bother to review it. I remember the BS Flagrant 1 call against Joyner, I think it was in Round 1 of the NCAA tourney, where she went up for an offensive rebound / put back and when she came down her elbow hit an opponent who had slid under her. There was nothing Joyner could have done but, if that was a flagrant 1, the elbow to Audrey's chin definitely was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

Yeah I didn't mean literally pass out. I meant it as in her body went weak and she just fell out

10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Watching that was really scary.

• Like Like x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

My heart sank and I thought for a moment her season was over (and with it, perhaps the team’s). I also could not believe the play was not reviewed. It was great to see her come back from it! Her nickname should be “Timex”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Except not a single player on the team would get the Timex reference - makes me feel old. ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It sure scared the hell outta me. I thought there's no way she's coming back for this game and may be out the next game.

When she was back in she looked like nothing ever happened and I figured the trainers have more medical knowledge than me. She's a true warrior.

What's pathetic though is the officiating. Ucla was allowed to play football against our team while when Texas breathed on another player it was a foul.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

:lol: oh no doubt I lost some posters on that one as well. I’m sure Vic could fill them in.
    For the young and curious, the tag line was “takes a licking but keeps on ticking”

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

The officiating was so f*kg bad... good thing we were lights out splashing the net in the second quarter. If my neighbors never heard cussing before... well, they have now.:cursing2:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

No matter the reason, I’m glad there’s a thread specifically for Audrey. In our joy and jubilation after the UCLA win, big praises were heaped on the guards and Ebo (and deservedly so), but I don’t really remember kudos for Audrey who made some huge contributions that don’t always show up in the stat sheet like taking charges, her disruptive defense, calm demeanor and hustle among so many other things. There were times during that 4th quarter when UCLA was pressing hard that I thought to myself I wasn’t sure we could have broken it without her. She’s the quintessential bring your lunch pail, blue collar, glue person anchor of the team. As he’s often said, she’s a Vic Schaefer kind of player.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Damn that girl is a warrior. It looks like she actually tried to save the ball from going out as she was collapsing.

If a player is hit in the head for any reason, how is that not an automatic review? In this case I think it was simply an unintended elbow but still...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. cynt

cynt 1,000+ Posts

This is why I'm not a basketball mom. I would tell her, Audrey baby no more charges or I'm backing you up and bringing you home. LOL :lmao:

I cringe every time she takes a charge. I'm concerned about the long term effects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

That first foul against Audrey where she was standing still, not even involved in a play of any kind, and got plowed over by a UCLA player not watching where she was going. I went through the ceiling!!!
    :soapbox:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

That and the moving screen against Kyra later in the game... both were some of the ugliest, flagrant fouls I have seen in a long time. Could not believe the refs let them both go. Absolutely deplorable by the players and the refs.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1