Austin Package Bombings

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Htown77, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

It does not appear he was ex military.

Anyway, I have family in Austin and am very glad this is over.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Wondering why this guy does not have "terrorist" head lines tied to him. He was bombing all over Austin and ended up dying with a suicide bomb. Sure sounds like a terrorist to me.O yea I forgot he is "Whitey", I guess you have to be brown to be labeled a terrorist. I mean look at the mass shootings over the last year, none of the white people are terrorists. That dude that ran over people, brown... Terrorist. Makes perfect sense to me.

3. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Whitey? Don't be a racist and hold this guy's white skin against him. Clearly, this wack job was a terrorist. But it does not appear that he was tied to a terrorist organization, at least we do not know that yet. Not to defend the media, but that is the main difference here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

https://m.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...stabber-Kendrex-White-tells-news-11135565.php

^ Black UT student who randomly stabbed students in a crowd not accussed of being a terrorist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Long_Island_Rail_Road_shooting

^ despite shooting allegedly over perceived racism, this black mass shooter is not labled a terrorist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Distributors_shooting

Another black mass shooter not labled a terrorist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

Oh look, a white guy labled as a terrorist.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_Irish_Republican_Army

^ oh the original group labled as terrorists was the Irish Republican Army aka white people.

“People of color” are not disproportionately labled terrorists while white people are labled criminals. That is one of the biggest pieces of baloney out there. In fact, anyone that manufactures baloney like that to complain about racism tells me they must not have any REAL incidents of racism to complain about.

The only group currently generally suspected of terrorism are Muslims. Not people of color. Not black people. Not asians. Not hispanics. Why are Muslim criminals suspected of terrorism? 9/11, ISIS, etc. See the past 20 years. Also, Muslims are not a race. Muslims and islamic terrorists can be middle eastern, white, black, etc.

Is this man a terrorist? We do not know yet. Were his actions politically motivated? Were they random like a serial killer? Were they personal? We do not have these answers yet.

Is it fair to say he engaged in a terroristic bombing campaign like the IRA or ISIS or other terrorists engage in? Certainly!

However, if anyone starts making ignorant and false complaints that America only labels people of color “terrorists”, then I can only assume that person has never experienced racism or that racism is no longer an issue as they only have made up issues to complain about.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

What timing! Shortly after I posted, I saw these tweets. Looks like it was for personal reasons aka general very sick puppy/evil criminal behavior. Of course, I do not know what difference it makes why. Innocent people died or were harmed regardless of the reasons. At least this sick puppy cannot hurt anyone else anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I will also re-emphize that we really need to improve mental healthcare in this country.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

OrngNugz doesn't care about the truth and that's been well established. He got a nice eyeful of the Twitterverse this morning, where the talking point was that if networks - which NEVER label someone as a terrorist in their initial reporting - didn't call a suspect a terrorist, it was about race. Media outlets aren't going to label someone a terrorist when they haven't even confirmed that he's anything more than a suspect. In fact, isn't that always the criticism from conservatives - that the press REFUSES to call people terrorists when their actions are clearly terroristic?

The difference, of course, with some of the other issues that he's trying to tie this to is that this guy wasn't witnessed shouting his motivation for all to hear before he was killed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe we should all walk out of our jobs/school classes to protest the easy availability of "exotic batteries from Asia". Those things are killing people!

• Like Like x 1
  10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I'm cool with calling "whitey" a terrorist. While we're at it, should we call black people a terrorist organization since "blacky" only represents 13% of the population but commits 53% of the murders and represents 40% of the prison population? Let's be consistent if you want to classify terrorists based on race.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

12. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I've heard / seen him called that numerous times.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Shame on you for letting truth and facts get in the way of a good race-baiting narrative.

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Perhaps because terrorism, when properly applied to conduct, speaks to ideology and not just the actions. Actions in THIS case were not tied to race or gender-based ideology based upon what has been released. Instead, we simply have an extremely emotionally disturbed individual who wreaked an incredible amount of havoc in a short period of time.

To apply the 'terrorist' label improperly cheapens the term, just as the race crowd has cheapened the 'racist' label and the SJW's have cheapened the various '-phobic' labels.

• Like Like x 3