Austin Regional June 4-6, 2021

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by FWHORN, Jun 2, 2021.

1. LonghornEE72

LonghornEE72 25+ Posts

The start days are fixed based on the CWS "Bracket" setup, which is arranged based on the national seeds associated with the regionals and super-regionals. CWS Bracket 1 starts play on Saturday, Bracket 2 starts play on Sunday.
    More info:
    The brackets and start days are fixed. Teams are not reseeded - for placement in the CWS brackets, the "guaranteed national seed" number (those are the top eight seeds who will host a super-regional if they win their regional) is assigned to whoever wins that super-regional. The super-regional pairings are set up so the "seed" matchups have Bracket 1 with national seeds 1, 4, 5, and 8, with the first matchups 1 vs 8 and 4 vs 5, and Bracket 2 has national seeds 2, 3, 6, and 7, with first matchups 2 vs 7 and 3 vs 6.
    The regional bracket PDFs are set up like this, but aren't labeled that way. The left side is CWS Bracket 1, and the right side is CWS Bracket 2.
    You can get a PDF of the regional brackets with super-regional pairings on this webpage and click on the "Printable Bracket" tab (I prefer not to embed links to direct downloads, BTW.)
    :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  2. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Soooo, all of that tells me the start days for the CWS, but not necessarily for the Super Regionals, correct? I'm just trying to plan this weekend, wondering whether we play Friday-Sunday or Saturday-Monday.

3. LonghornEE72

LonghornEE72 25+ Posts

Doh! Should read more carefully. I couldn't find anything stating the policy, so I'm not sure but I think the Super start dates are set after regionals are complete and the Super hosts are finalized, something about coordinating with local events for hotel space and such. So, likely tomorrow morning, or maybe a little later in the day since the ODU/Virginia regional Game 7 now postponed to Tuesday, I guess due to weather.
    I apologize for my poor reading comprehension.
    :hookem:

4. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

No worries, that was still good information on how the CWS dates work for the two brackets. I've been following the CWS for years, but until your explanation I didn't fully understand how the initial bracket was set up.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Bump