Austin's Newest Lounge: Pangaea

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by Mr.Wizard, Oct 7, 2007.

1. airportlobby

airportlobby 100+ Posts

It's good to have a high concentration of Austin's douches in one place. That way they won't accidentally find their way over to any of the cool places in this town and contaminate them with their douchiness.

2. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

crayon, yes. I saw him yesterday at Third Base and forgot to ask him.

I'll take your offer and will win the bet

3. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

damnit... I looked at the picture again. You're right. That isn't him. Thats a guy named Jay.. whom I know. Crap. I owe you shots.

4. unpaintedhuffhines

5. austintexas

austintexas Guest

there are only 32 pics.

That place...not my cup of tea.

6. achooloco

achooloco 100+ Posts

wow, 75% of the girls in that link were hideous. one good shot of a group of hot girls, the rest uggos. the guys looked like douches. i might check it out but dont expect much of anything. i have a feeling that club couldnt lick the smegma off the roided up bouncers at the shittiest nyc clubs . . .i'm not saying, just saying . . .but i will give it a shot! hopefully the opening night was just a bad night

7. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Hey, doesn't J. Black's have a valet...?

[​IMG]

8. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

My best girl friend is in those pics and she does look like ***. So much so that I didn't notice it was her the first couple of times I saw the pic.

9. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

10. achooloco

achooloco 100+ Posts

good point, i meant crappy. austin probably would like the type of clubs that i initially mentioned, probably have good dancing there.

austin is very white but i think i meant manhatten in that line.

11. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

so white club = crappy? [​IMG]

Just quit.

12. achooloco

achooloco 100+ Posts

huh? i never said that, i just replied to different posters about different subjects.

13. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

if that's what you mean, then you need to delineate your posts to reflect that. otherwise they'll be taken in order, and people will think you meant white clubs = crappy clubs.

14. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

I wish I was a scenester. [​IMG]

15. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

After looking at some of those pictures, I kept thinking of Kramer's line "Am I hipster doofus?"

16. rayfes

rayfes 25+ Posts

I can confirm that is not me in the pic #32. That guy has a much bigger nose, I have a much bigger gut. [​IMG]

I'll buy shots anyway even though the bet did notdirectly involve me.

I don't mind places like Pangaea but I like dives too. It's called diversity. And don't cry to me about losing the soul of Austin. Things change, deal with it.

There are plenty of new places that feel like Austin, Mean Eyed Cat, Tiniest Bar, Doc's, etc.

17. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

That place is killing it right now. They sold 75 bottles of Grey Goose on Friday night. How much are they, $300? W/ the auto 20% grat that is $27,000 for less than $4,000 worth of liquor? Amazing.

18. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

^ What's that old adage? Ah yes, "douchebags and their money are easily parted".

19. crayon1973

crayon1973 500+ Posts

I like the fact that so many people who haven't set foot into Pangaea have just decided that all of the patrons are douchebags. Not every bar is a dive just like not every restaurant is a hole in the wall. There are nice restaurants just like there are nice bars. Sometimes you want to go out for drinks to a nicer place.

20. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

In good douchebag news, Qua is doing ******* terrible.

I'll agree that there is a very high douchebag factor at clubs like Pangea, but that's also where the good looking single ***** is, so that's where I go if I'm going out. It also makes it easier on guys like me who don't have our hair all spiked up, fake tans and $200 jeans because we don't look like those tards.

21. NBMisha

NBMisha 500+ Posts

I guess the gray ponytail is out these days.

22. natethehorn

natethehorn 100+ Posts

I went to this place a couple of weeks ago.

Me: "Two Tito's and Soda's....close it out."
    Bartender returnds with CC receipt.....
    $25.00.

Really?

23. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

game, set, match.

24. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

25. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

26. unpaintedhuffhines

not very efficient

27. TxArch

TxArch 250+ Posts

maybe he'd already blown all his cash & it was closing time?

28. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

If you are having those two drinks only, no, not a problem. If you are going to keep coming back for more drinks and paying for them the same way, then hell yes it's a problem.

btw - Titos and soda is only $7 there. You should be pissed about that $25. That's messed up.

29. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I was under the impression that he was only going to order 2 drinks that evening.

30. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

I made a post about a guy at 3rd Base that paid for his 1 Coors Light with a CC and closed it out. Subsequent posters claimed that was no big deal. I have a problem with anyone that wastes that much time for so little money. It makes me think he's a $30K millionaire in hock.

Now, if it's faster I say it's not a problem. Paying with credit at Chipotle is faster than cash since they don't make you sign.