"....back to fundamentals...."

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TEXnSEATTLE, Nov 1, 2019.

1. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

for the first time since TCU, I watched Tom's presser yesterday and all the talk was about going back to fundamentals....

in week 10 of the season.....TEXAS is going back to fundamentals....with our 4 star + players.....

WTF....what am I missing?

the "it's hard to win and especially on the road" is still making me wonder about this guy....REALLY???

can you imagine such coming out of BARRY or DKR's mouth???

• Like Like x 2
  2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

You get paid millions to win at a resource-rich university so stop crying about how hard it is Tom

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TEXnSEATTLE

TEXnSEATTLE 1,000+ Posts

….with furrowed brow he spews this stuff like he can even hear himself speaking....not MENSA at all....

• Like Like x 1
  4. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Lincoln Riley said winning on the road is hard....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

No fanbase has ever thought their coach said the right things after a loss. And always thinks whatever he might happen to say after a loss is the reason for said loss.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

What if Herman understands the problems but doesn’t know how to fix them? That may be my biggest fear. Let’s hope that he does, but for the first time I’m not sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

^
    ^
    "WHAT IF......?"

He may surprise us all by winning out. But as noted earlier, he is, apparently, more stubborn than Mack, and less charming than Mackovic, to win over both BMD's and piss ant donors like the majority of us on this board. We have a tendency to chew up and spit out coaches here. DKR was only 52 when he walked and no was throwing themselves in front of the door saying "Oh Coach, please don't go".

:texasflag:

8. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yes, but no one would start a new thread if they didn't have the ultimate answer to going undefeated and beating Alabama and Clemson in the playoffs. We're fortunate to be enlightened by such knowledgeable posters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I had forgotten that SMU beat TCU.
    Absolutely no reason we should have lost that game.

I would like to see less cheek kissing, lovey dovey and more serious *** kicking attitude.
    Get the ******* movie stars out of the practice bubble.
    It's a distraction.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

You’re welcome.

Keep in mind that if it weren’t for the fans — and that includes those who post on HF — Texas would not have the following that the program does, we wouldn’t be able to pay $10,000 for each player’s locker, we wouldn’t be expanding the stadium yet again, and our HC wouldn’t be making $5,000,000/year or his failing DC, $1,700,000.

Programs like Texas take in 100s of millions of dollars because of fans like us. So yes, our opinions do matter, and some of us might actually have an occasional and good question or idea.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Nobody is demanding we beat Bama and Clemson every year, or even make the play-offs every year ...even though OU does make it nearly every year. We just want to win the freaking Big 12, instead of watching OU do it year in and year out....and if we do lose at least look good doing it.

12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

I would settle for beating TCU5 out of 6 times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

On the road or at home, a team has a 50-50 os winning or losing. It's all in how well a team is prepared for an opponent, executes their assignments, and has solid fundamentals and techniques.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Based on the idea that all of the fans are contributing cash to equal their opinions, Hornfans must fully fund the Longhorn Foundation!

15. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

You'd think Del Conte really wants to beat TCU and this loss won't sit well with him. Least if I was him I'd want to beat my old employer. I don't think he's going to mess around.

• Agree Agree x 1