Back to Hong Kong...

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by WFLIP, Aug 13, 2011.

1. WFLIP

WFLIP 25+ Posts

Heading back to Hong Kong for a week to take a class (getting my MBA from Thunderbird School of Global Management). I was in Hong Kong, Bangkok and Tokyo last year for 3 or 4 days each. I'll be in Hong Kong for 10 days this time and I'm trying to figure out somewhere else to go on the way for a couple of days. I'm thinking about Taipei or Seoul or maybe heading back to Tokyo.

I need to book here pretty soon since I'll be out there in the middle of October. Thoughts?

2. snow leopard27

snow leopard27 250+ Posts

Might try Bali. Nice beaches, great food, affordable, interesting culture.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

What is on your agenda for while you are in Hong Kong? I adore that city.

4. WFLIP

WFLIP 25+ Posts

For Hong Kong will pretty much be in class all day and doing hw at night. I really enjoyed it last year going up the peak, hitting some dim sum places, watching the light show and also spent a day in Macau.

I'm leaning towards hitting up the Philippines now. Anyone ever been? The main thing that concerns me with there is safety issues since I'll be alone wondering around for a few days. Maybe Manila or Boracay or Cebu.

5. WillWork4Horns

WillWork4Horns 100+ Posts

WFLIP, I spent a week in the Philippines last October and loved it. I flew from Manila to El Nido,Palawan which is a 75 min flight and it was amazing. Very remote with little development and the scenery and snorkeling are excellent. It's a great place to chill out but little to no nightlife. Boracay is said to be very nice with much more nightlife. I felt totally safe in the Philippines,the people were wonderful.