Balloon Boy Dad

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TexasEd, Oct 16, 2009.

1. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

I used to work with this guy while I was in college in the early 90s. High energy all the time like he had an espresso I.V. drip.

Always inventing crazy contraptions. I could have seen this coming.
    The Link

2. HornBud

HornBud 2,500+ Posts

Saw him on the second wife swap he did. Grade A douche bag with extreme anger control issues and very childish. He's also claims to be a scientist, but he is fooled by psuedopsience bs.

Kid was probably trying to run away but got distracted by a butterfly.

3. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

Wasn't a publicity stunt, but the whole family decided to get up and stand for a press conference on the matter? Then, an appearance on Larry King. Give me a break.

A press conference with maybe just the dad alone was all that was needed, but this family appears starved for attention.

4. bullzak

bullzak 500+ Posts

CNN saying one of the kids said "we did it for the show>"

Sure its all legit and everything. Douchebag.

5. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

The Link

I also read on twitter (take that for what it's worth): Larimer County Sheriff says "balloon boy" dad first called the FAA, then 9NEWS, and then 9-1-1.

6. updog07

updog07 500+ Posts

After the kid was found, Larry King Live's camera crew were on there way to Colorado to get the first national interview.

The kid was asked why he was in the attic for 4 hours and didnt reply when people were calling his name... his reply..

"We did it for the show"

No one really know what he meant, but I have a feeling it was all for show. He has a ton of YouTube videos, the family was recording as the incident happened, and they are currently being filmed for their second go-around on WifeSwap.

Maybe ABC and the WifeSwap show needed a boost in ratings... This is all pretty sketchy.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dude did seem to describe Hillary adequately.

Just saying.

8. bigbend1812

bigbend1812 500+ Posts

9. Heretic Horn

Heretic Horn 250+ Posts

Things are not good when your children are just props in your desperate drive for attention.

Jon & Kate, this dude...I wish "reality" family shows would just go away.