Bama vs Georgia II

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 8, 2022.

?

Predict Round 2: Bama vs Georgia

Poll closed Jan 11, 2022.
  1. Alabama Crimson Tide

24 vote(s)
    55.8%
  2. Georgia Bulldogs

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

You mean Bill O'GDGD?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

I like good defense, so I too thought it was a great game. Both of those defenses were ferocious.

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

I have a feeling NO’Brien is history at Bama. He needs to go back to whatever NFL team will hire him. Time to move on.

4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Shows you don't need great QB play to win.
    But I sure would like a defense like Georgia put on the field.
    Maybe coach K can take a little trip and have a chat with those coaches.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

boring? not if you like to see competitive defenses. Not if you're tired of offensive shows that resemble pinball.

There was more good defense played in that game by both sides than we have seen in a championship game in some time.

As for Bama lacking two good receivers, their number 3-6 are as good as any in the country. Their passing game lacked because of Georgia's defense The lateral passing game was resorted to because the pass rush would not allow much of a downfield treasure. Young had to get rid of the ball quick

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

Well Coach K and Sark are gonna need some dudes on the D line, not just coaching tips. BTW, #31 Will Anderson will be in town Sept 10. Might wanna start working on max protect.

7. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I don't know about boring necessarily, but it did look like one of those "Are we sure these were the best two teams?" games.

Granted 2009 Texas/Alabama looked like that as well, and I'd be saying that even if we won. They both won their semi games handily so clearly belonged. Just some yearsas a whole are better than others in terms of skill of the top teams. 2008 Texas (and Florida, Utah, Oklahoma, USC) were all better than anybody in 2009. And the LSU and Alabama teams that won CFB the past two years would have each clobbered either of these two teams tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yep. Boring was Bama/LSU from a few years back. Easily the worst championship game I've ever seen. Last night's game was quite good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I’m so glad Georgia won; and very happy for Bennett.
    He is surrounded by top players—receivers, O-linemen, great running backs.
    His fumble led to Bama’s only TD . After that Everyone on Georgia’s O stepped up. And finally took advantage of Bama’s young corners, beating them for a couple of late TD’s.

Thank goodness for Georgia’ DEFENSE that played incredible the entire game; winning the game by repeatedly holding Bama to field goals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

It seemed to me that Bama's lateral passes were too slow developing and the receivers were often positioned opposite the line scrimmage when the ball got to them because of how it was delivered. Stop/turn/start. When the ball was delivered in front of them and on the run, they made yardage. Better executed swing routes. Their best runs were off tackle to the right, yet they ran a lot up the gut and to the left. I might have run sweeps to the right and brought everybody, to include the bench and the first two rows of fans. Coaching or quarterback play, or both?

But what do I know?

11. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Maybe Bama is hurting without Sark

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

My comment to mom was that she seemed to be bundled up to hide that it was a recorded version that she just lip-sync'ed to...

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Only 50?

14. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

And to think that Carolina is allegedly considering him as their OC...

15. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Savage

16. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Factual.

17. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

I despise Saban, and for that reason alone I'm ecstatic that Georgia won. One of my best buddy's father, who passed away in August, was a Georgia alum and a huge Dawg fan so that makes it special as well. On top of everything, not that I want to see someone get hurt, but it is nice to slap the two or three Alabama fans I know who are now saying "well our best players were hurt". All I do is point to the 2010 game and they pucker. It's a beautiful thing.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Others have alluded to O’Brien’s ineptitude. One Bama’s final drive (for the tie), to call three consecutive deep passes when you’re in plus territory with TOs left and time on the clock defies logic.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. BornOrange0855

BornOrange0855 250+ Posts

I didn't say the game itself was boring. Close games always have the benefit of wondering who will pull it out. That alone is exciting. I said I thought Bama's game plan was boring, uncreative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

Yeah, but where is Ringo's momma.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

22. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

I was impressed with the speed of both teams and the UGA D tackles were HUUUGE!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

These were easily the best two teams. They got it right

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  24. txhorn_et

txhorn_et 1,000+ Posts

They get what they deserve and deserve what they get. Ruhle best watch his back!

25. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I mean just WOW! Bevo comes charging at me like that I'm running a 3 flat 40 in a zig-zag pattern to avoid contact. What would you have done? Stood your ground and cold-cocked him?

• Funny Funny x 2
  26. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  27. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I didn't care all that much, but I guess I'm glad Georgia won. Somebody new on top, and a dent in the Alabama dynasty. The only college sports dynasties I like are TEXAS dynasties!

:bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Right, the overall season proved that, I'm just saying that watching the final game in a vacuum wouldn't have felt like I was watching the two best teams play each other.

29. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Never heard of him, but I'll take your word for it.

30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Yep! I lost interest in the award many years ago. I quit watching the other post season award shows as well.

• Agree Agree x 1