Banks pet monkey bites child...

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LHABSOB, Nov 1, 2021.

1. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Here are pole dancer's tweets in defense...

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Tweet account deleted apparently

4. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That is some story! Started laughing while reading as it’s absurd! Sark has to be thinking, “oh my f’ing god! What the hell is coming next!”

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

On the radio this morning they were saying the kid hopped the back yard fence and was messing with the monkey. If true the kid deserved what he got.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

There are screenshots of the tweets here if you are interested. Honestly hope this story goes away soon. Danny Kannel was talking about it on his show this morning and called it "MonnkeyGate in Austin".

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I am trying to follow but so much has been deleted
    So Banks was at the home of a stripper Halloween night?
    And some kid jumped the back yard fence where the strippers pet monkey bit the kid??

8. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

The stripper is Banks's girlfriend. She made a big deal on social media when they moved from Bama to Austin and has been active on social media under the handle "Pole Assassin".

I said I want the story to go away and keep posting more- so I am contributing to the problem- but here is a SI story on it all.

Texas Assistant’s Girlfriend’s Monkey Allegedly Bit Child

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I got a text message yesterday morning from a friend in DC about this. I checked the three TV stations in Austin then, and again last night and none were reporting the event. Not that KXAN, KEYE, or KVUE are all that great, they are more reliable than The Spaceman or the internet.

10. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

This season is one for the books, all right. What other weird **** can happen?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Vino Bevo

Vino Bevo Wine - how classy people get drunk

We live in the same community as Banks and there was a post about this on Next Door last night. I was confused as there was nothing on it all day on any of the media sources I follow here in Austin, and now this morning it's all anyone is talking about.

:rolleyes1:

• Hot Hot x 1
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So is Banks married?
    Or living with this stripper ?
    Does the stripper live in Austin?

From the SI story it is a big nothing burger vis a vis Banks
    And stupid act on kid's part.
    Kinda like that she set up a haunted house

13. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

This thread is okay, but the new one is really fresh and cool.

:coolnana:

14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I think they have been a couple for several years. He was on the coaching staff at UVA for about 4-5 days, and I believe she was around then.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Thanks Sabre
    So they live together in Austin?

16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I don't know for sure, but I'm sure they do. Neither do I know if she is "dancing" anywhere, but I've turned that investigation over to my good friends HIC & Worster.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

We'll get on it, right after we have some good barbecue....

18. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Headline you'll never see:

BANKS SPANKS MONKEY AFTER BITING INCIDENT

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I can’t wait to see the College Gameday signs about this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Please get back to us! Is Banks married to Pole Assassin? Did he leave his wife and kids to be with Ms. Assassin? We must know!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  22. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

So, unpopular opinion time.

Banks should be fired. While I saw improvement from the TEs in 2021, I didn't see any from special teams.

But even if he did improve something marginally or statistically in his year on campus, this dumb *** story is never going to go away.

23. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

So is that fired for the monkey story alone?

24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I saw more blocked punts but defending KO was not good and decisions regarding KO return was stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I mean, pretty much.

I'd semi-support him if there was no stripper for whom he left his family, or a monkey that bit a kid, but not to the point of "man what a great year we had at TE and ST" where I'd want him to sign an extension or anything.

Sometimes those personal life things interfere with your job, and since his job is so visible and distractions get blamed for everything in this line of work, I say find someone else to hold a clipboard. He's a chip off the "Mike Price" block and we don't need any of that.

26. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

all i know is sometimes you look at a person's significant other and say, "bless their heart. we need to give that poor man a break." lol

27. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Does the monkey have any eligibility left? He showed more fight on Halloween night than anyone playing D for us

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yes, but he couldn't secure and NIL deal due to bad behavior.

29. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. TEXAS1983

TEXAS1983 250+ Posts

I'm very late to this thread, but I think its is important to note the real life lesson to be drawn from this incident: don't have monkeys for pets.

These little cuties placed in a human household can develop and amplify the most un-socialized behaviors of their hosts, and can grow up into mal-adjusted, poop flinging rage machines with diabetes.

There has been ample evidence from recent celebrity history, not to mention innumerable visits to zoos by ordinary people ruined by expertly aimed primate feces, that monkey pet ownership should already be a thing of the past.

Witness the face eating pet chimp Travis from Stamford, Connecticut.

Or Marcel, the cute little monkey on "Friends", who turned out to be scene stealing little limelight seeking prima donna.

Or Bubbles, Michael Jackson's pet chimp who had to be sent to a secure primate health care facility because he started grooming and molesting younger monkeys.

There's a lesson here.