Basketball Facilities/FEC Upgrades

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Sep 21, 2017.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I like the way the new centerboard looks like.
    I wonder if we will get a tour of the updated locker room.

3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Figure a little over $4M to make FEC acceptable for the next 4-5 years, not a bad investment.

4. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

They already have a video of the Men's Locker Room up on Texas Sports

5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I"m sorry to hear we're still stuck for the FEC for a few more years. It is so uninviting, crunched in between all those medical school buildings, and never a good basketball gym anyway. I keep thinking it might deter players from coming here, but it never seems to work that way, thinking of the buildings a lot of good teams play in (e.g., Baylor).

6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

huh, I like it. I like all the parking around it (two garages & parking on Red River) for attending games and practices. But then again, I don't go to hardly any out of town games so I don't really have much to compare it to.

The three that I have gone to: A&M, Baylor and Tech, I think the FEC is as good or better. But, jmo. We may be looking at different things when considering the arenas.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

http://www.hookemplus.com/2017/09/2...n-into-erwin-center-cooley-pavilion-upgrades/
    I didn't like Patterson for a lot of reasons. Just one more to add to the list.

8. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

I"m sorry too. I think the new facility will be so much better for the BB experience.

9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

New video board is up as the team opens practices. Newly designated assistant head coach Tina Thompson in the foreground.

• Like Like x 2