Battle 4 Atlantis

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Born in ATX, Nov 14, 2022.

1. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Loousville’s 3 guards scored 55 points. Texas 3 guards scored 21.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I agree that losing Dionnah Jackson-Durrett was a big loss. And, Vic could have replaced her with someone of similar experience. But, he made a decision I didn't agree with in hiring his daughter (inexperienced assistant coach). Time will tell if it was the right decision; but, coaches and players alike are accountable for our guard performance these last 2-3 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Nobody is disputing that she was a great developer of our guard play. What you don't seem to recognize is that you can't develop a nonexistent skill set that quickly. Did you ever PLAY competitive or organized basketball?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Who cares about post season seeding? We still have to beat whoever is in front of us to advance in the tourney. We might just have to beat a great team sooner than we had hoped.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Several of us actually care about that or we wouldn't be posting about it. It matters. For example, nobody wants to face South Carolina in the Greenville, SC regional.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Makes you wonder why they ignored the nepotism policy.

It’s almost like they couldn’t find anyone else to take the job :smokin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I'm of the opinion that players make coaches. IMO, having to try to replace the quality guards that they lost is a bigger issue. As I said yesterday, this team isn't very good right now and has struggled in more areas than guard play.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

At his point the objective needs to be to win games no matter who they play in front of them. Worrying about seeding doesn't make any sense when the team can't win games. Rutgers isn't a very good team but they can and probably will be this team tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Our presser starts around the 15:00 mark:

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Of course, winning games is the priority for the players; it was the priority the last 3 games, too. Nothing wrong with us fans thinking long term based on the expectations we've had all pre-season. What us fans think about and what the players/coaches think about is rarely in sync. So, open discussion on this forum will continue.

11. Sangre Naranjada

It seems incredibly silly to worry about that three games into the season.

EDIT: But please continue to openly discuss it. Nobody here is trying to stifle anybody else's freedom of expression.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Just watched the presser. Vic has a pretty good attitude about things and was actually pretty positive, compared to the last couple of pressers. He also told Tyler Feldman he's hopeful Rori has sat out her last game, but then confused me when he said she'd see her doctor on Wed and "whatever they say, that's what we'll do." I'm guessing he didn't mean she would play tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I do because I would like to have home court advantage as long as we can and on top of that with the final 4 being in Dallas I would like for this team to have the best chance at playing in that final 4 and have a big home court advantage.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Discuss all you want. I'm a fan more worried about today, because the horrible play and confidence of the team in the present, can and will most likely affect whatever this team is going to be in long term. Even if/when Rori returns.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022
  15. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I plan to. Heck, the post-season possibilities were discussed throughout the offseason. But, what's different now is that elite non-conference wins against UConn, Louisville, and Tennessee (or UCLA) are now off the table for good, and will impact our resume'. A Top 4 national seed is off the table, as well, as we just don't have enough remaining marquee games to make up the ground we lost.

16. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Watching that presser really helped me to feel encouraged. They seem very upbeat about the situation, so I'm gonna cop that attitude!:yes:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I agree Bucksgal. I felt A LOT better just seeing Vic not being overly concerned about it. We play Rutgers tonight at 6:30 pm and really need to get the W on that one. These 3 straight losses have us fans in a lousy mood. We need to start winning again to get us all back to normal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

The Rutgers game is on FloPoops again correct?
    No ESPN+ ?

19. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I compare this position we are in a lot to our Softball team last year. If you guys follow Texas Softball we went out to Clear Water Florida last year to a tournament opening the season with some tough teams. We got Blistered 4 out of 5 games and looked terrible. Many of the softball followers, just like I have read the last 2 days from this board, were gloom and doom, Coach bashing, bad talking the team and all the players were not living up to expectation, blah, blah, blah. Well as you know we ended up playing for the National Championship at the end. A Miracle season!
    I believe Coach will right the Ship and get up back playing at the level he expects and be the team we want to support!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Looks like Flohoops again, unfortunately.

21. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

The Atlantis championship game is on my cable ESPN2 channel - Marquette vs. UCLA. EPSNU shows Gonzaga vs. Tennessee at 1:30 central time. Nothing showing up for the 6:30 game.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

Thank you both.

23. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Marquette and UCLA tied with about 4 minutes left in game.

24. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Marquette-UCLA goes to overtime.

• Like Like x 1
  25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Marquette came up a bit short, but they've proven themselves as a really good team. Everyone can stop hyperventilating over that loss now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  26. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

UCLA for the win. Gonzaga v. Tennessee begins in a few minutes on ESPNU.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Jacob Johnson

I’m about to scream! Harmon in practice gear:yippee: if she does play I’d expect it to be very little.

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Vic did hint that the last game might be the last one she sits out, but then he also mentioned going to the doc on Wed. This will be interesting.

29. Jacob Johnson

Yes it’s very strange. I don’t expect her to play because if that were the case she could’ve played yesterday as I really don’t think 24 hours makes much of a difference in her being healthy and not being able to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

No, they probably can't. They should though.

• Funny Funny x 2