Battle of the UTs: Texas hosts Tennessee

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Dec 10, 2016.

1. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

Update on Audrey-Ann, injury is not as bad as they thought. It looks like a bone bruise, which from what I understand is the same injury Khaleann had at the start of the season.

Update on Ariel, per Coach Aston she is progressing nicely through the concussion protocol they are put through but they are not rushing her return, hope to definitley have her ready to go by the 29th for the Tech Game if not sooner

• Like Like x 9
  2. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Somehow it is just not the same without the First Ladies of Basketball; Jody and Pat.

:tenn::hookem2::texasflag:

• Like Like x 2
  3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Wow, great news on both fronts! Thanks for the update!

• Like Like x 4
  4. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Very good news. I really expected Audrey-Anne's injury to be season ending. Glad they are not rushing Ariel back into the game. Concussions and their after effects can be so dangerous.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

Is Khaleann still being held out because of injury, or is she just unable to break into the line up?

• Like Like x 1
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Been wondering the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  7. breckenj05

breckenj05 100+ Posts

I'm not sure about this, but if I was guessing, I would say she just hasn't been able to break into the lineup.

8. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Head scratching moment - Tennessee beat #10 Stanford 59-51 today.

9. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Is it? I think they were long past due. A part of me thought that they could have turned the corner at our expense. They have all of the talent to beat any team on any given day.

10. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

I watched the game. Neither team was impressive, though Tenn. did a good job defensively.
    Stanford showed very little and their guard play was weak. Difficult to understand why they beat us.