Baylor at Texas

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Statalyzer, Feb 20, 2017.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

She doubled down in the presser tonight and emphatically declared it's time to move on and Baylors situation is no different than any other university in the nation

2. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

I actually like Kim Mulkey. She doesn't hold back what she's thinking.

3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Well she's taking a (well deserved) beating among all the women's basketball talking heads during the games and halftime shows today and on Twitter. Keep screwing the pooch Kim!

• Like Like x 6
  4. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Fasten your seatbelts, Dale Hansen (WFAA) is going "unplugged" on Kim Mulkey tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  5. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

For those of us not in DFW, let us know what Dale has to say.

6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Brutal, here's some quotes:

"...she then says some incredibly stupid stuff"

"So she spends today trying to walk it back. You can't walk that far and you can't walk fast enough"

"I think that woman could say 'have a good day' and it would sound angry and it would sound mean"

"She sounds tone deaf"

"Really Kim, comparing your university to Penn State does you no favors"

There's more. I'm sure you can find it online soon if not already. Ouch!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

• Like Like x 5
  8. skilled

skilled 25+ Posts

I agree loyallonghorn - I too like Mulkey as she is always honest and forthcoming. You know where you stand with her. I have a few Baylor friends that were at the game when this all happened. They said Mulkey didn't mean it literally - just more as a metaphor as she was tired of hearing about why girls shouldn't go to the school. It was personal to her since she works there, cares about her team, and her daughter went there. The typical media is blowing it out of proportion. They don't care about women's basketball until they have something to write about.

9. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Hard to "blow something out of proportion" when all that is being done is repeating her own words. And I think some are putting the attention on the wrong thing. No one cares that she said to "knock them in the face". Its about her blatant disregard for the victims and their families. In her press conference where she doubled down, comparing BU to Penn state, and saying its time to "move on".

I have never been the victim of a sexual assault, but I know those who have, and I imagine the worst thing that could've happened was to have the most visible coach/woman on that campus saying its time to "move on" because shes "tired of hearing it".

At the very best, she in insensitive and out of touch with the needs of women on that campus. Both of which should discourage anyone who cares about their daughters to send them to that campus because she is no advocate for them.

• Like Like x 10
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  10. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

In a word, "No."

I was able to fly in for this game. I refused to look at the score the entire game. I loved our team's fight. Hope we see it back in full force for the conference tourney.

• Like Like x 3
  11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

So when she honestly declares that raping dozens of women is just something that happens everywhere, it's okay because that is honestly what she thinks? I would imagine if I honestly told you what I felt about your post, I'd get kicked off this board. Sometimes one's honesty is exactly the reason to dislike them.

I wonder if it ever occurred to Kim that many of those rape victims were probably punched in the face by their attackers.

Trash. Plain and simple. Just one more Baylor official trying to sweep it under the carpet. But at least she's honest about it :idk:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  12. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I wonder if Britney Griner thinks Kim Mulkey is "always honest and forthcoming"?

• Like Like x 5
  13. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Nope.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Ditto

I'm still a fan of respect and decorum over incendiary remarks. I'm glad she's getting heat nationwide over her comments. Much deserved.

• Like Like x 2
  15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

N
    Now, if only the officiating crews would get her sideline behaviors in check.

• Like Like x 3