Baylor gets Karma reward

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by accuratehorn, Dec 7, 2014.

1. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor #5 hahahahaha Suck on it, Briles.
    TCU #6 Don't know how they fell like this. By name, I suppose.

2. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

You don't mess with Mack, baby!! [​IMG]

3. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

Karma is a *****....just like Art.

4. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

Add the B12 to the bad karma thing. After all this debate about the B12 being better than the SEC, it is certainly not if you look at the playoff conferences.
    [​IMG]

5. No le hace

No le hace 500+ Posts

Someone needs to tell Briles that the "committee" members all let someone else fill out their ballot. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy! [​IMG]

6. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

F Briles and F Baylor.

7. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

Baylor getting bitchslapped by the announcers for their non-conference schedule, which was 128th out of 128 D1 schools. Way to go Briles!
    And they have Incarnate Word on their schedule next year, that should help.
    In reality, there were six teams this year that should be in the playoffs, and there are four spots. Two good teams were going to be left out.
    Who is playing best right now? Alabama, Ohio State probably are one/two. TCU, Oregon, Baylor, FSU, in that order? Two couldn't go, tough decision.

8. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

good grief, baylor got what they deserved for scheduling the crap non conference. and to look at their schedule in the next few years is laughable! I've seen tougher high school schedules!

9. Das Mook

Das Mook 250+ Posts

It's about branding and the committee to ok the "safe" approach (screw lesser perceived teams over OSU).

No way the same thing happens to Texas or OU.

10. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

Wait...isn't Baylor the co-champ? According to the rules, they have the tiebreaker and will represent the conference in a non-playoff bowl. In other words, the B12 has become something on the order of the Sun Belt conference. What a shame! [​IMG]

11. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

TCU and Baylor were screwed because the Big-12 doesn't have a playoff game. (Baylor will always get screwed because they are Baylor.) It certainly didn't help Baylor to schedule non-conference patsies.

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

13. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

14. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

An undefeated Texas or OU is in. IMO, a true national champion is undefeated. I don't care what kind of guessing game playoff system you come up with. Unless FSU wins it all, there will be no true National Champion this season, only a bowl champion.

15. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

The committee made it pretty clear an extra game played a role in their selection. I'm not saying TCU would have definitely gotten in with a conference championship game, but I am saying, TCU had no chance of getting selected without one.

16. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Reap what you sowed baylor. [​IMG] TCU got screwed.

17. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

18. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts

19. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

Texas Taps, you ask a stupid question, you'll get a stupid answer: an extra game (i.e., championship game) allowed FSU to move from No. 4 to No. 3.

20. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

You need to get off the leave the Big 12 train. The Big 12 has been very good for Texas. Texas carries lots of clout in this conference and they won't if the go to another one.

Texas's problem is winning big and that won't be solved by joinng another conference. Winning solves all ills and the Big 12 is a solid conference and football is not the only sport it's good in.

It won't be long before the playoffs expand to six and then eight teams and Baylor and TCU can get in if they are still good. I have seen more than one talking head on ESPN say that Alabama is happy to be playing OSU instead of TCU or Baylor. Alabama is already been made a 10 point favorite in the game. Not exactly what you would want in a playoff game.

Texas's problem is Texas, not the Big 12 right now.

21. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Santafe, I see it differently. In my judgment FSU moved from 4 to 3 because of Ohio State. The committee couldn't could rank OSU above an undefeated FSU.

But TCU got screwed and I am pretty heated about it. While it is true that Ohio State blew away a quality opponent yesterday, they we selected over TCU because of their history. They have it and TCU does not.

I feel really badly for the folks in Ft. Worth.

22. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Ohio State played a tougher schedule than Baylor and only lost once. It's no Karma. It's math.

If Baylor wants to keep scheduling a piss poor slate of non-conference games, it better hope some scheduling genius at a one-loss school somewhere found worse teams that would play on the road against a national power.

23. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

24. Santafe

Santafe 500+ Posts

25. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Baylor could help their non-conference by scheduling the Allen Eagles.

26. bevo barry

bevo barry 500+ Posts

The Germans have a perfect word for what I'm feeling towards Briles & Baylor right now: schadenfreude.

27. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

This year, the only way for Baylor or TCU to get in is (1) Go undefeated or (2) have Ga. Tech win against FSU, Wis. win against tOSU, or have Mo. beat bama. None of these things happened and with their strength of conference, they are on the outside looking in. And if they don't win ALL their games next year, it could very well be the same.

28. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

You're asking how would playing a conf champ game have helped TCU? You mean if #3 TCU beat #6 Baylor taking away the head-to-head disadvantage that clearly hurt their resume, and also declaring them conf champs with adding a top-10 win to their resume. How would that help their final ranking? A ton!!!

29. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

What do Art Briles and Ryan Periloux have in common? The Mack Brown Curse. The juju is strong and has a very long reach. Do not f**k Mack Brown.

30. -Texas-

-Texas- 250+ Posts