Baylor/Vandy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by nashhorn, Dec 27, 2018.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Never expected to see Baylor get favored calls but this is ridiculous. Worst no calls I’ve seen or at least worst no face mask calls. Disgusting, even on an obvious PI with face mask!

2. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Jawja only scored 41 on Vandy.

3. BallsofSteerToo

BallsofSteerToo 100+ Posts

Should have been off setting facemask calls in my opinion. The receiver clearly grabs the defenders facemask first. Then watched the vandy coach lay into ref about no facemask call against defender even though the ball was placed at 1/2 yard line, not sure what he wanted, ball at 1/4 yard line?

That call favored vandy in a big way, basically gave them 1/2 yard to td run. Just my view of the play and crappy refereeing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Charlie Brewer looks really good. I dare say hed be starting on this Texas team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

SEC SEC SE..... Wait what?

Good on Robert Brewer's boy. That family has two bowl game mvp trophies on their mantle. Happy for them both.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Baylor just put up more yards on Vandy than they had all year: 668 yards.

UGA put up 560yards, at home.

Interested to see how the rest of the Big 12 vs SEC match ups go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Completely agree. I think the no call was due to no zebra being close to the play. But it certainly should have been offsetting penalties

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  8. rick mueller

sec, sec, sec!
    Btw, Big 12 is 2-0. Let's run the table.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

I think the SEC (minus Bama) are perpetually over rated every dang year. It really is amazing the delusion of the "we lose to better teams" SEC mantra. What I don't know is if the average SEC fan knows what the rest of the world finds out every year...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. rick mueller

ABSOLUTELY 100% agree! This demonstrates once again that if something is repeated enough times, it becomes accepted as the truth. ESPN has crammed this idea of sec superiority down the sporting world's to the point that everyone believes it. This principle is the basis for all propaganda, and it has not been more evident anywhere since Nazi Germany.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. rick mueller

I bel
    There are/were only three. Last nights game, The Good Guys vs. uga and the land thieves vs. bama.

12. Chinstrap

Chinstrap 1,000+ Posts

Naw. OU beat’n bama ain’t good fo’ u-onsef.

13. rick mueller

True that! My bad.

14. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

as much as I despise both teams, just can't root for ousux---nothing good comes from them winning
    Roll damn tide!

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

"Two out of three aint bad"
    Meatloaf.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

As earlier posters noted, that would require cheering for Zero U - NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

You should change that to "should be starting" because Herman has demonstrated that he is "Sam or Bust", regardless of whom else is on the sideline.

Nothing against Sam, but he has not been "coached up".

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That Brewer kid looked better than I remember him in Norman. He had some juice. And that RB highlighted a poor tackling defense.

The Big 12 is deeper than the other conferences. OSU/Tech/ISU are salty. I'm not sure that our top is as good as Bama/Georgia. We'll see.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. slowrider

slowrider 250+ Posts

Plus one - OSU plays Mizzou on the 31st

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if that Mizzou qb is still clenching his sack, or whatever he called it.

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pure gold...

• Funny Funny x 4
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I agree that Sam does regress to bad tendencies, especially when injured. But on the whole, Sam is much better than last year in terms of reducing bad play.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Yes, which is why I am pleasantly surprised that the two dogs (BU and TCU) won.

• Like Like x 1
  24. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Agree with that. He's not the type of QB I'm used to seeing but he's a more capable version of Blake Bell. Faster, better thrower. He throws a good deep ball. He gets a little Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLouche at times.

25. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

You really think he starts over Sam? No way we give up the rush yds for a slightly better passer. Sam was pretty good passing before he hurt the shoulder.

26. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

More capable in that he's able to make other movements than "run in a straight line"? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Hes not as beefy as Sam but he throws hard and is accurate and he can run. Hes much bigger than Shane.

Mims sucked or this game wouldn't have been as close. I was extremely impressed by Brewer. Dont forget he almost beat us at home.

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Faster, quicker and a better passer. "Much more" might have been a bit much. My man is still cashing checks in the NFL....as a TE. :)