Baylor's path playing out perfectly *DELETED* *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Full Flask, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Full Flask

Full Flask 250+ Posts

Post deleted by Full Flask

2. GoHornsGo90

GoHornsGo90 1,000+ Posts

Yup great point FF, they are right on track for getting to the Final Four where I have them! Unfortunately the rest of my bracket is crizzappp!

3. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

St. Mary's is good.....they ain't your everyday, run of the mill 10 seed.

4. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I think Baylor would have been better off playing Villanova.

5. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

The few days off really hurts a tems momentum. Rarely does it carry over to the second week. Watch for Cinderellas to fall in the next round.

6. salonghorn-70

salonghorn-70 2,500+ Posts

Not only is the path working out but Baylor is also playing well. As much as I hate them, I have to admit that.

7. UTAustin92

UTAustin92 250+ Posts

Path is never easy in the tourney. ODM is giving Baylor all they want. They have been down the whole game but they are not giving up.

8. OUsucksATMblows

OUsucksATMblows 250+ Posts

St. Marys isn't a cinderella. They are a damn good team. They totally destroyed Gonzaga in the conf. champ game two weeks ago. Obviously their momentum from that week "carried over" to this week. Or you could say it had nothing to do with momentum since they are now 30-5 on the year. They are a better team than villanova. They will beat Baylor too.

9. warrior

warrior 2,500+ Posts

There is no unbeatable team this year, anyone of the Sweet 16 can win the whole thing, i see it as wide open this year. I would favor St. Marys over Baylor in a close game.

10. Bigtex112

Bigtex112 500+ Posts

Baylor could very well be heading to the Final Four. Who'd a thunk it where that program was 5 years ago. Makes you wonder what a program like Texas could do if we got a few things right on the bench.

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Baylor matched-up better against ODU than they did Sam Houston St. St. Mary's is more in between. It could go either way.

But Baylor should have more fan support. I have them picked to go to final four as well.

12. bierce

bierce 1,000+ Posts

I kind of think St. Mary's is a nightmare matchup for Baylor. Baylor is mediocre at best at guarding perimeter shooters. St. Mary's is something like 4th in the nation in 3 point % and in the top 10 in made 3 pointers per game. On the other side, St. Mary's is also in the top 5 in 3 pt % defense.

St. Mary's biggest problem will trying to limit Carter, Dunn and Walton's penetration. Those guys averaged something like 20 layups/dunks against us in the three games we played against them. St. Mary's will have to put frosh Dellavedova against Dunn. That is a matchup Baylor will have to exploit. Dellavedova won't be able to stay with Dunn, but if St. Mary's can get in Dunn's face and cause him to miss a couple of shots and get out of control, Baylor could have a very long night.