Baylor's Scott Drew Refuses New Jeep

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by BevoJoe, Apr 15, 2021.

1. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Baylor University and men's basketball coach Scott Drew have released a statement refusing to accept a customized Jeep in honor of their NCAA championship after racial remarks by the auto dealer during a television appearance, The Associated Press reported.

While talking with local news station KWTX-TV, Waco auto dealer Ted Teague made a remark that Drew could enjoy this vehicle and “use it to recruit, pull some people out of the hood.”

The team did use the vehicle during their championship parade on Tuesday. It was then going to be given to Drew to drive on campus for a year, according to the report.

In a joint statement that was posted on the Baylor Athletics Twitter page, Drew along with athletic director Mark Rhoades shared that they spoke with Teague and declined the gifted Jeep from the auto dealer.

Link To Full Article:

Baylor refuses championship Jeep after dealer's remark about 'hood'

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I think he said the jeep would help Bailor pull elite talent from the hood. Funny how the Bailor jokes just write themselves. How does someone smart enough to own a successful dealership not think through that comment and go another direction or just leave hood out of it.

3. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That remark is stupid enough to have come from aggy. Did anybody look at Mr. Teague's school affiliation?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Everyone has got it all wrong. Here is the real quote:

Like the Baylor basketball program, this jeep will get you where you want to go, but don’t look under the hood (because you may not like what you see).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  5. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

racist rich people...the heck you say!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Thank you mc. A grandstanding play by Drew. The truth usually does come out.

7. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I dont see the problem other than fear of not being PC. First off they do recruit the hood just like every other team. Dont be afraid to say so and dont apologize for it. If it offends you then show me where you are ranting against rap music and the rest of these commentators who try to be cool by talking down to the hood culture. I wont bother waiting because I find zero evidence of anyone ever doing that. Look at that moron dick vitale who is a endless list of cliches that are nothing more than hood comments. Ok, off the soap box.

• Agree Agree x 1