Beating Baylor = Stopping Odyssey

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by texexted, Feb 14, 2014.

1. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Stating the obvious -- I know. But I wonder what Aston can come up with to stop Odyssey Sims from running wild. She scored about 70 points vs. Texas in Waco, where nothing seemed to work as the Horns tried to stop her. Foul her and she's going to score from the line.

The refs were terrible in Waco (although I'm not blaming them for the loss). Texas has to hope the refs aren't so whistle happy and I think, double team Odyssey the entire game. Tech held her to 30. That would be somewhat of a victory in itself if Texas could do the same. I think Texas has the players to beat the Lady Bears. I hope they have the scheme. I know Baylor is bring a ton of fans. I hope ours show up and get off their butts and yell. Should be fun. [​IMG]

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

just a bit of an exaggeration. But the Horns did what they wanted to do with Sims, other than sending her to the FT line and the refs had a lot to do with that.

Tech "held" her to 30 because she took about half the shots she did against Texas, otherwise she burned them pretty bad, 57% from the field, 67% from BTA. Refs were not a factor here as they did not call a lot of fouls on either side.

Have the game called the way it seemed to be called during the Lubbock game and Horns will win this one. Of bigger concern was Davis.

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I agree with Babhorn. We would have won the game at Baylor had it been called the way the Bear's contest at TT was called. And we've seen players have big nights against us (Ellenberg 37 pts) and still pulled out the win. If the Horns play with the same effort they did in the first BU matchup, we should win this one at home.

4. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Well that didn't work.