Bed Breakfast in Vermont or near?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Hellraiser97, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Hopefully some of you NYC area Horns (or former NYC area Horns) can give me some advice.

Mrs. HR97 wants to take a weekend next month (gotta find a game I can handle potentionally not seeing!) and drive up to Vermont (or somewhere around that) and have a mini vacation, look at the leaves changing color, all that stuff.

Any recommendations?

2. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

How about taking the Amtrak to KIllingotn/Rutlage VT?

lots of places to stay up there including the ski resort, you can rent a car in town and the train ride along the Hudson is picturesque.
    All I know is divey places to stay in while fishing, nothing classy for your lady.

3. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

I'll bring that up to the wife! Thanks.

4. CTGA_Horn

CTGA_Horn 250+ Posts

Probably the two prettiest towns in Vermont would be Stowe and Woodstock. Both would fit the bill nicely I think. Classic, romantic New England towns. Stowe is pretty far north, though, a pretty long drive from NYC. It's also a bit spread out between the Main St area and the ski area.

5. Ballaholic

Ballaholic 25+ Posts

I can't remember where we stayed, but Grafton, VT is another town you might look at. It's a very pretty town in southern Vermont. I went with family, but remember thinking it would be a nice place for a weekend getaway.

6. CTGA_Horn

CTGA_Horn 250+ Posts

a couple of ideas for places that are a lot closer are places like Litchfield, CT and Deerfield MA