Belotti resigns *DELETED* *DELETED*

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Full Flask, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Full Flask

Full Flask 250+ Posts

Post deleted by Full Flask

2. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

really odd move.

speculation is that he'll spend a year or two at espn, then make his way back into coaching.

weird.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

A lot less responsibility plus a staff that's dedicated to make you look good

4. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i know he is responsible for recruiting a lot of the players in trouble, but that would take a toll on you as an administrator. he's dealt with a lot. you think mack wasn't fed up a couple years back?

5. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

heard he bought a house in college station.

6. Shark4

Shark4 2,500+ Posts

7. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

I give the guy props for saying "F this crap - I'm above this". Too many other HC and/or ADs only care about W's, so I find this a bit refreshing.

8. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

9. PropositionJoe

belotti, if i remember correctly, was named the AD in waiting while he was still HC.

perhaps he got into the position and just realized it wasnt what he expected, and needed to get the eff out.

10. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

Perhaps he finally realized that the real AD at Oregon is Nike.

11. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Here's a story from The Oregonian about his resignation...

Link

12. PropositionJoe

all along i've been thinking that greg byrne is a legitimate candidate for the position. son of bill (who was the oregon AD for a while), and someone who's done a decent job with miss. state athletics.

wouldnt shock me if they made that hire.

13. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

The modern AD position is not the place to kick your ex-football coach upstairs anymore. It is a CEO position with very different responsibilities than coaching. Maybe a guy like Mack Brown, who is a CEO type head coach, would also excel as an AD, but many coaches would not be the best choice there. I think the days of rewarding your ex-head coach with the AD job are nearing an end, or at least will become infrequent.

14. PropositionJoe

agree accurate.

in fact wouldnt surprise me if more ADs came from the corporate world, similar to what michigan did.

15. 1leggedduck

1leggedduck 1,000+ Posts

Coach turns his phone off during practice and team meetings, but the AD never turns his phone off and has to kiss a lot of ***.