Berkeley, CA

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Huge win for the program. Great job by players and coaches to keep their composure throughout. Sweet 16 is a huge accomplishment any season, but with no Nneka and all the other injuries this team had to overcome, it is especially SWEET!

• Like Like x 1
  2. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

I'm loving that McGee-Stafford is finally realizing she's 6-7 -- and you can't guard me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Now that we have to wait a whole week, let's see how many more hits we can get for this video:

• Like Like x 2
  4. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

McCarty certainly played like a superstar today. Looking forward to the round of 16.

On that note, while Uconn may be a forgone conclusion we must remember that you play the games for a reason. Rutgers has athletes and a hall of fame coach who's beat Geno before. It's a long shot, but a shot none the less

• Like Like x 2
  5. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

What a weird, but wonderful game. We made, was it one or two 3 point baskets? They made a gazillion, but we won anyway. Proud of everyone, but Brooke, Imani, and Kelsey were wonderful. Our intensity and running game in the second half, and obviously our inside game were too much tonight for Cal.

6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Did anyone else notice that our whole game seems to have taken a step up to the next level? I mean I have seen us play D like that before, but that was some of the best offense I have seen us run. And I don't mean well executed. I mean a whole new level. We moved the ball in all directions and changed it up every time down. It was a new day for this team.

• Like Like x 4
  7. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Yes, and I thought coach Aston did a great job of directing traffic from the bench in the half court in the second half. Celina was also great in the half court, pointing at players and letting them know where they needed to be.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Haven't seen a stat sheet yet, but turnovers must have been very low especially in the 2nd half.

9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I think only three in the second and 14 total but the difference was we forced like 20 turnovers on Cal.

Let's hope the intensity stays over the next week.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

You know that's actually not too bad of an idea, if I can get the UT band to show up and play the William Tell Overture...

11. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

I sure wish I could have made it to the airport at 4:20 this morning! Like Stat, I could have just stayed up all night. Heaven knows, I was too excited to sleep anyway! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Outstanding!!

:hookem:

14. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Way to go ladies! Great game! :hookem2:

16. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

looks like UConn, not that there was any real doubt. Just thought Rutgers would give them a tougher game.

UConn really just is so efficient in running their offense. Rutgers is panicking and going one on one on offense and not closing out on the 3pt shooters on D. Like shooting 3s in practice for UConn.

Don't expect any different in the second half so may just catch on sleep tonight.

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I wish ESPN would cut away to the Louisville game. Why show us another blowout????

• Like Like x 1
  18. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Yea, I've been watching just for whip around coverage. Not happening.

Stewie had a scary collision (to the face) and got banged up a time or two in addition. Ouch!

I don't see this game becoming interesting considering how thin the Rutgers bench is becoming. And UCONN ...

19. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

An 11 seed has a 14 pt lead or a 3 seed in an 8 pt game and we get this???? ESPN needs to get a clue.

20. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

And that 11 seed is on ASU's home court. This coverage is pathetic. A 35 point game with over 9:00 to play and they won't switch to a compelling game. ESPN sux!!!

• Like Like x 2