Best burger in DFW

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by mdmost, Jul 22, 2007.

1. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

2. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

4 pages and noone has mentioned the Double Double at Club Schmitz? For thin burgers they can't be beat. For the thick burgers I like Ball's and Chips.

3. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

HorninDallas was a big fan of Club Schmitz. I've never been there.

4. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 100+ Posts

club schmitz is ******* awesome.

5. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

6. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Is it on Northwest Highway near the Whirlyball place? Over by Bachman Lake? ****. I need to get over there for lunch one of these days.

7. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

8. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

Had Village Burger Bar last night before going to AFFD (see sig). Good thick patty, horrible bun, sweet potato fries were good, Thomas Kemper root beer on tap [​IMG]. Pretty good meal but that place is incredible douchey.

9. runner

runner 100+ Posts

Another vote for Club Schmitz. One of the best burgers in the state, and talk about a dive -- I think the primary requirement to be a waitress there is that you have to have at least 65 years experience waiting tables.

10. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

I went to a bar the other night on Northwest Highway & Webb Chapel Extension - the Cottage Lounge. Talk about a dive. There was a fight that night - between a father and his drunk *** son. The dad was pissed that his son was talking **** and grabbing women, so he took him outside and whipped his ***. Greatness. And they had some decent live blues music there. I should have gone to Club Schmitz, but I had already eaten and it was late. At least I know where it is now.

11. MustangOrange

MustangOrange 100+ Posts

Another vote for Club Schmitz - I went there a couple years ago and it was awesome, like a TOTAL DIVE, including the patrons. I had forgotten the name of that place just that it was not in the friendliest part of town.

12. PhatAtUT

PhatAtUT 100+ Posts

tried the angry dog for lunch yesterday based on this thread. the burger was really good but there was too damned much bun. i'll probably be going back though.

13. irishtexan

irishtexan 100+ Posts

I just found this thread and want to submit Hole in the Wall on Harry Hines by LBJ. It's a dumpy old blues bar but their burgers are ******* fantastic.

14. 4theHorns

4theHorns < 25 Posts

I lived in Fort Worth quite a while and IMO "The Works Burger" at Tommy's was much and in general much better than anything at Kincaid's. The catfish is pretty good as well. As of 2 years ago, Tommy's had several locations including the Stockyards

15. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

There is a small place on Walnut near Richland college called Paradise Grill, they grind their own meat, big huge burgers great buns, real cheese.

16. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

Had Bailey's 1st and 10 yesterday. Incredibly good. Got the Point Burger with bacon, cheese and my new favorite add on, jalapenos. Tasty burger. I would put it under Angry Dog but really good if you like a fat burger. My advice if you don't like sitting in a smokey bar, order to go. Holy lord that place is toxic.

17. AlamoHeightsHorn

AlamoHeightsHorn 100+ Posts

Rosie's is hands down the best in DFW...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. TyWebb

TyWebb 25+ Posts

For those of you who grew up in or near Plano, I would recommend the greatness of Country Burger