Best Diehard Fan Ever

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by zinger, Nov 9, 2012.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

I know we all like to consider ourselves as diehards. Personally i feel like my fervor is not near as intense as one former Longhorn Band member. Watching a replay of the 1969 Big Shootout the other day and couldn't help but notice a female clarinetist who the camera showed a number of times. It was as if she was so zoned in to the importance of the game that she didn't know there was anyone else in the stadium but her. Mainly in the 4th quarter as the Horns mounted the comeback you can see her emotions running pretty deep. After the Horns second TD you can see her crying and so elated that she couldn't even play her clarinet. I bow down to her as a better fan than I. If you have occasion to replay that historic game ( it's been on the LHN a few times) you will no doubt feel so very proud of her. I just wish i knew her name and that somehow i could tell her she is without question the "Best Longhorn Fan Ever".

2. darius

darius 500+ Posts

3. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Thanks Darius.
    I will print that picture, frame it and hang it in a place of honor. Wonder where she is now, and if she has any idea of just how special a fan she really is.

4. longhorn_melissa

longhorn_melissa 250+ Posts

Whenever I see stories about that game they almost always show clips of her. It would be really neat to know who she is and what she's doing now. How cool!! [​IMG]

5. darius

darius 500+ Posts

Different clarinet player, different band, different game, different team, different reason for crying.

BUT...same warm fuzzy feeling for me!

[​IMG]

6. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

For zinger and you others. Below is a post I made on another web site a few years ago. I hope it helps. I remember that game well. I am Phil C on that web site. I actually got the information from this web site before I posted but I couldn't get it here on search but hopefully this helps. [​IMG]
    The Link

7. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I remember as I posted I got nearly all my information on this web site as well as I can remember. Marilyn and Terry are a big part of Longhorn lore. Of course in my other web site I meant she was awarded as teacher of the year. What is great also is that she actually posted here to update us on her. It would be great to get a current update if she wishes. She is a big part of that great classic game.

8. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Thanks for that info Bill.

9. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

10. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Thanks to you also Bill for the website. I may just put meeting Marilyn #1 on my bucket list.

11. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG] for Marilyn

[​IMG] for BiS

12. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

God bless Marilyn [​IMG]