Best Fajitas in town

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Smurfette, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Just curious who yal think has the best fajitas.

I personally love Polvo's Chicken Fajitas.

I recently had the Chicken Fajitas from Enchiladas y Mas and they were VERY good. They give you a ton of food and plenty of guac and cheese, which is rare.

2. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Chicken...fajitas? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

No kidding, you lost me at chicken.

That being said, I'll go ahead and give my opinion. I know I'm going to get lambasted for this, but I've never had fajitas (beef for god's sake) that I like better than those at Chuy's.

4. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

pappasitos. flame away.

5. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

6. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

It depends on which "town" are we talking about here. It really makes a difference you know [​IMG]

Austin- I like Baby A's, Molcas on Mesa, and Antonio's North.

Pflugerville- I like El Rincon and Casa Garcia's

I got to go with the beef.

7. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I dunno... I just got the reg chicken fajitas.

Oh, and I don't eat beef... so that's why I'm all chicken fajitas [​IMG]

8. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

Pappasito's actually does have pretty decent fajitas. Not the best I've ever had -- that is reserved for the original Ninfa's on Navigation in Houston many years ago

9. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

10. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

11. Texas___Fight

12. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

13. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

I had forgotten about these when i said I liked Chuy's the best, and because I usually eat breakfast at Jardin Corona...but the fajitas traditional there are awesome....instead of green peppers, they have jalepenos, and they put tomatoes on the skillet too.....yumm yumm...still like the actual meat at Chuy's better though...a little more tender.

14. Texas___Fight

15. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

Matt's El Rancho.

16. chichantes

chichantes 25+ Posts

Enchiladas y Mas, beef fajitas. There may be other good or even great ones, but this is the best in Austin.

Game over!

17. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

18. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

One of them I mentioned. Matt's El Rancho. It will make a Baby A fajita taste like a baby made it.

19. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

20. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

I'm all about the fajitas at Manuel's on Congress

21. Texas___Fight

I've never had Matt's but the two times I've eaten fajitas at Pappasito's I got sick.

Posada's in P-ville make this garlic-butter sauce they serve with the dinner portion that is unbelievable. It may not sound complimentary but it takes it over the top.

22. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

I love garlic butter sauce, AKA montequilla with fajitas. They have that at pappasito's. Of course, i've had their fajitas 50 times and never gotten sick.

23. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

24. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

^
    ^
    ^

On another board, there was big debate over how you could rectify the dilemma between fajitas and the cheese enchiladas. The SOLUTION:

Order the cheese enchilada plate, but then order them to be topped with fajita beef. This idea = epic win.

Additionally, for breakfast, have your #5 plate topped with 2 friend eggs.

25. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

26. Horn of Thunder

Horn of Thunder 25+ Posts

shrimp fajitas - any Chili's = awesome
    also, try the mediterranean fajitas @ Mamcitas in SA - delicious

27. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

"Order the cheese enchilada plate, but then order them to be topped with fajita beef. This idea = epic win. "

-- or order the fajita enchiladas at Maudie's

28. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

Fact: The enchiladas are better at y mas.

29. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

It's been three years since I visited the Hill Country, so take this dated opinion with a grain of salt: my all-time favorite fajitas are the Fajitas Nortenas at Garcia's in San Marcos.

Last I had them, the price and quantity were decent ($7 or so for lunch). The beef is extremely tasty (my friend and I like to joke that the meat is laced with crack cocaine) and served with seared onions, tomatoes and hot peppers, plus the usual trimmings of beans, rice, guacamole, and pico de gallo.

On the best days, the pico is blazing hot and just might give you the hiccups.

There are other Garcia's (for example, I think there's one in Lockhart), but I wouldn't recommend them. This opinion only covers the San Marcos location.