Best or Worst of the New-ish restaurants in Austin

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Smurfette, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

I'm curious what people think of the newer restaurants have popped up around Austin. We all know the oldie-but-goodies, so I was wondering what might have popped up in the last few years that I have missed...

I'll start with one I love... It's called Takoba on east 7th. They;'re interior style Mexican food. Their menu is small, but the food is outstanding, the environment is nice, and the prices are fantastic. I highly recommend getting their Carnitas tacos with Charro beans and a side salad-- $7.50. They also make a mean margarita.

What else is new and good out there?

2. The Eyes of Texas

The Eyes of Texas 500+ Posts

I dont' know how long it's been around, but i was recently introduced to 'Home Slice' on South Congress. it is the best NY style pizza I've ever had

3. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

+1 on Home Slice, especially the pepperoni

I usually don't order pepperoni pizza but this one is special somehow. I've tried a couple of others there and they weren't as magical IMO.

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i like perla's a lot on south congress.

5. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

Jack's in Oak Hill is pretty awesome. Not that new. But definitely worth the Saturday night wait.

6. UTRanger 2/75

UTRanger 2/75 100+ Posts

I love Your Mom's Burger Bar. It is 1701 East Ceaser Chavez st and the burgers are amazing! Check it out and they deliver!

eat at your moms

7. Tailgate

Tailgate 500+ Posts

I'll second Jacks.