Best pizza in DFW?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by mdmost, Aug 4, 2007.

1. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

On the heels of the great suggestions I received in the Best Burger thread, give me some great pizza places to go to in Dallas.

Here are a few I will throw out from my hood:
    Tony's on NW Hwy and Easton-$4.99 lunch special with 2 slices and a drink kicks ***.
    Sali's- Garland Rd and Peavy. their garlic and spinach pizza is the ****
    And of course I got to throw out Campisi's on Mockingbird. Always opt for the one in Kroger's since parking is a ***** at the actual location.

Throw some suggestions out for me.

2. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

if you want great pizza, go to brooklyn NY. we have some decent pizza in dallas, but nothing special. in the fancy category try fireside pies or coal vines. louie's in the knox/henderson area is good.

3. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

i second the fireside pies rec.

4. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

Louie's is awesome. Campisi's is overrated. Pizza By Marco (at Royal/Preston) is pretty good and I've heard Brother's is good too. I've been meaning to check out Coal Vines.

5. Dallas Frog

Dallas Frog 25+ Posts

Lover's Pizza, west of the Tollway.

6. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

7. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

8. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

9. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

Funny, I ate at Sali's for lunch and Campisi's for dinner with the kids. (Mom's out of town) Campisi's is way over-rated, but I like Salami pizza and the heartburn afterwards.

Sali's is the best in Dallas (Garland) for pizza and salad dressing. But, it is at North Garland and Beltline Rd. though...unless there is another location I hadn't heard about.

Famous Famiglia in Northpark isn't too shabby either. It's a NYC chain and they ship their water for the dough/fresh mozzerella straight from the city. Great foldable slices.

10. TheYoungHorn

TheYoungHorn 25+ Posts

I enjoyed fireside when I went.

11. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

12. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

13. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

You need to. Here is their website: Pizza

Also need to go to the Soupman shop around the corner. Great beef goulash. It's the soup the Senfeld episode was based on.

14. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Glorias in the Valley Ranch area makes some good pizza.

15. po elvis

po elvis 250+ Posts

what are y'all opinions on i fratelli's?

16. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

MARCO'S PIZZA
    SouthEast corner of Preston Rd & Royal Ln.
    The Link

Go ahead and lock this thread
    . [​IMG]

17. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

while not the BEST pizza in dallas, i just remembered i do like the pizza at the loon [​IMG] maybe it's the strong drinks and everything tastes great there but it ain't bad

18. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

I would think that everything at The Loon would taste like cigarette smoke.

[​IMG]

19. Spankytoes

Spankytoes 100+ Posts

20. Dallas Frog

Dallas Frog 25+ Posts

The food at the Loon is actually very good. I go there frequently for lunch.

21. hookem2102

hookem2102 250+ Posts

louies - i go there about 3 times a month.

drinks are strooooong too.

22. MustangOrange

MustangOrange 100+ Posts

I like Louie's when I lived in Dallas. In Fort Worth, I am a big fan of the Mellow Mushroom.

23. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

I'll add to the list:

Carmine's (Addison, Richardson)
    Divino's (Gaston in East Dallas)
    Napoli's (several locations- mostly northeast DFW)
    Roma Express- downtown
    Porta Di Roma- downtown

I'm a fan of New York style if you couldn't tell.

24. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

25. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

Jive-

I'm assuming if you've had Divino's, then you've also experienced the greatness of another of that area's dives- the Egg Roll Hut. If we ever do a "best value" list, both of those joints will have to be near the top.

26. goofybevo

goofybevo 250+ Posts

Is Brothers the one on Travis? Because I think there are like 3-4 "Brothers" pizza joints in Dallas. I hear that one is good though, and it's right by me.

Sal's on Wycliff is great.

27. Agent007

Agent007 250+ Posts

I think fireside is prob the worst I've had.

I like Coal Vines, Campania and Louies.

28. Remove Rowdy

Remove Rowdy 100+ Posts

I would say pizza is one of my top passions.

I don't think Al's or Scalini's has been mentioned.

Scalini's is in Lakewood has a great crispy crust. The one thing that irks me is they serve the pizza on a fast food tray. I will not eat the pizza at the restaurant.

Al's by Love Field is a great N.Y. style. It is very messy. I have not been in a few years need to go there soon.

Elbow Room had been good, but went a month ago and last week, had the Sicilian and just did not taste right.

Cosmo's is great for the convenience. Nothing beats getting loaded up on a Friday night and then walking over for a large. Kind of like Satan's pizza in Austin; I have no idea what it tastes like sober.

I don't get what is so great about Piggie Pies, Rocco's, or Brothers. By the way, for the early to mid 90's Dallas highschool drinking crowd; Brothers on Montfort closed. What a shame.

29. Jerry World

Jerry World 25+ Posts

I recently went to Scalini's and was not that impressed either. Although Campisi's is apparently overrated I still find it one of the places I go back to when I am in Dallas.

F' tha Haters

30. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

We had Campanas on Friday. That's a pretty good piece of pie. Reminds me of the pizza back in Italy. Love pizza with olive oil in it. Crust is supposed to be from dough brought over from Naples. Best part=BYOB!