Best place to get an iPod touch

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by TexasEd, Mar 13, 2009.

1. TexasEd

TexasEd 1,000+ Posts

My wife is having our second baby on May 1st (another C-section) and a few months ago she mentioned she would love an iPod touch. I think it would be good for her during recovery and beyond.

Talk me out of this (into an alternative) or into the best place to get one and accessories that I should get.

Thanks

2. macksman

macksman 100+ Posts

Ed, I'd reccomend an Ipod Touch anyday. They're really compact and durable. I have one and have dropped it on numerous occasions without it being damaged or getting scratched. That being said, I'd reccomend the following.
    An 8 Gig Itouch 2 generation. (229.00). Unless your wife plans on putting on more than 1800 songs and over 10 hours of video. Also, if you buy from Apple.com right now, you can get free shipping, and have it laser engraved on the back. As far as accesories go, I'd reccomend just a hard shell case.

Hard Shell Case. $29.99

8 Gig Second Generation Ipod Touch with free laser engraving

3. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

AMAZON . COM

1) They are $219.99 (for some reason they allow a $10 savings.)

2) You don't pay sales tax.

3) FREE shipping.

There's only one correct answer and I just gave it. I've bought two from them. Please enjoy.

PS- I went with the 8GB, because I use my mainly for surfing the internets.

4. veggieboy

veggieboy 500+ Posts

The iPod Touch is an awesome device. If you have wireless internet set up in your house, it will be even better (it can surf the net just like the iPhone, but needs a wi-fi connection).

One thing about the laser engraving: if you have any trouble with it, Apple won't replace the device if it is engraved. Just something to think about.

Also, why order from Amazon.com when you can just go to Best Buy or the Apple Store to get one for the same price and get it right away? Hell, you can get them from Wal-Mart now too.

5. hooklahoma

hooklahoma 1,000+ Posts

6. HornDig_It

HornDig_It 25+ Posts

If you know anyone in teh military. Go to the base exchange. Cheaper than any place out in town and no sales tax

7. Napoleon

Napoleon 2,500+ Posts

In reply to:

8. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

everything else being equal, I'd suggest buying at the Apple Store or from Apple online. the reason is that going directly to the apple store if anything goes wrong is a lot easier if you bought it there, and they are able to tell where you bought it based on the serial number. Learned this from experience, and the $10 I saved on the purchase would of been well spent for the extra headache that I went through for service.

9. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

They are sold at Costco as well. Can't remember the price.

10. simihorn

simihorn 100+ Posts