Best place to park at American Airlines Center?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Saint Austin, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Saint Austin

Saint Austin 25+ Posts

Going to the Stars game tonight and haven't been there in a while. Where's the best place to park near there? I was told about a $5 parking lot nearby. Anyone tell me where that is and how to get there? Thanks.

2. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

75 and park lane, then take the train down. that's what i always did. assuming you are coming from the north.

also, for a time i lived at the jefferson apartments right across the street from the AAC and while its gated and there are tow warning signs all over the place, i saw several cars wait for the gate to be opened by a resident, then park in the upper level of the garage for free and i never once saw a tow truck in there. if you would want to try this in the future, the way to get to the complex is to take woodall rodgers to field st and its on the left on field, right before the AAC.

for future reference, anyway.

3. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

just take the DART [​IMG]

4. ProdigyDub

ProdigyDub 500+ Posts

Best place IMO is the 5 dollar lot by the Dallas World Aquarium. It's a bit of a walk, but it's good exercise, and 5 bucks is a much better deal than the stuff near the stadium.

5. orange_xpress

orange_xpress 25+ Posts

right up by the doors is sahWEET

6. UTinBigD

UTinBigD 250+ Posts

valet for $100 right at the entrance to Victory Plaza.

Last time I went and did not have a parking pass, there were some lots for around $10 bucks around the arena. They are probably more now. But paying $15 sure beats getting towed.

7. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

There is a valet at the south end of the Plaza, and if you just go in to Nove or N9ne to get a drink at their bar, they'll validate your parking and it's only ten bucks.

8. ludoscok

ludoscok < 25 Posts

I always take the TRE from the Centreport DFW Station or take DART from SW Dallas (Friends who go to school at DBU).

9. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

The parking lot across from the Aquarium is only $5. Before you do that check the meters along that road just north of Woodall Rogers. It's only $.25/hour so for $1 you are set for the evening.

Best thing is that after the game there's an easy U-turn to the access ramp for I-35. It's also easy to get to Central. No traffic problems.

10. ludoscok

ludoscok < 25 Posts

funny thing about this is i went to the Mavs - Pistons game tonight and couldnt make the train in time from work so i ended up driving out there. I parked just east of the Apartments on the SE side of the AAC...opposite corner from that gas station. Cost me $15 bucks and there was very little traffic getting out...

11. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

12. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

I know it's a bit cheezy, but I have gone to Ghost Bar before the games. With validation, valet at the W (right across the street from the AAC) is $10 (or so). So, we go up get some drinks during happy hour. The drinks are pricy, but they bring out very nice free food and the view is nice. I do this most often with out of town guests. So, I end up paying $10 for parking plus the drinks, but it's a nice spot for before and after the game and the car is perfectly positioned. I have no comment as to the ghost bar after midnight. I generally do not wait in lines to get into bars.