Best seats

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LeoBenz74, Oct 1, 2017.

1. LeoBenz74

LeoBenz74 25+ Posts

I need some advice on how to get the best tickets to watch the this team. I’m from Corpus Christi and usually go to 2-5 games a season, I always get the reserved tickets (the highest priced) but what is really frustrating is that the seats available usually suck. What gets me is that there is a huge section on the bottom rows that are empty are those for season ticket holders? So how can I get the best seats closer to the action??

2. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

I know the row in front of my season tickets is usually not available online due to other season ticket holders who are also donors. But, there have been a few seats open there the last few years because they weren't renewed. I'm guessing UT holds those open as long as possible, hoping the donors will renew.
    My suggestion would be to wait until you get to the game, go to the ticket booths and see what is available.

3. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Texas wants your butt in a seat close to the action....we need you to create a home court advantage. Buy the cheapest seat you can and sit in any of the unoccupied seats down low and join the hundreds of fans doing the same thing.

The only way to get a good reserved seat is with a season ticket.

• Like Like x 1
  4. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

I've been able to get pretty good seats in the past 4-5 seasons by purchasing the mini-season ticket plans--4 games for $50. They go on sale after the season ticket packages, but before the individual game tickets. I'd pick my 4 games and then get individual tickets for another game or two. This year, though, they changed to a tier format, meaning you had to purchase your 4 tickets from selected groups-- you could only choose one from tier 1 (UConn, FSU, Baylor, OU, WVU) and had to choose two from tier 2 (other conference games) and one from tier 3 (lesser opponents). So I'm just getting individual game tickets this year. The mini plans are available now, and the individual game tickets go on sale October 16th.