Best way to find a condo for skiing in Vail?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Hellraiser97, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Never had to look for a condo myself, so I would appreciate any suggestions. I do have a travel agent I use on occasion, but I thought I'd check around here first.

Basically, I'm going to Vail to go skiing on MLK day weekend. I have a buddy that lives within walking distance of one of the lifts, but his place isn't big enough for myself my wife, my brother and his girlfriend.

So, our tentative plan is to get someplace in the Vail area, but not right on the mountain, rent a car, and use my buddy's place as a staging area. Basically only be at the condo for sleeping.

So, I've looked at eBay a little, not sure I like that route. Orbitz and the like only seem to have hotels (which might be ok, but I think it might get too pricey for two separate rooms).

Thanks.

2. 01 grad

01 grad 250+ Posts

3. austintexas

austintexas Guest

just got back. don't have any helpful suggestions for you other than Vail is just so great. that's all I have to say. thanks.

4. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Heard they got a lot of snow recently. Were all the runs open?

o 1 Grad. Thanks for the link! I'll check it out.

5. austintexas

austintexas Guest

Not all but most. over 20" in 2 days. wow!

6. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

7. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Vail Ski Vacations - rentals --The Link

8. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Thanks guys! the first link was good, but didn't have too many openings during my trip.

9. DCLonghorn

DCLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

I have used VRBO for all my vacation rentals. I've used last March for a vacation in the Dominican Republic and had the best beach in town. Its awesome. Previously, I used it for Breckenridge and Tahoe. And will be using for my upcoming trip to Spain and Italy.